What to look for in a second monitor?

I'm slowly building out the rest of my 'battle station' and it's time to turn my attention to a second monitor.

I've got an ASUS PG279Q as my primary.  I love this monitor but I don't really want to buy another for my secondary monitor.

Secondary monitor will be used for work and monitoring (Twitch, CPU/GPU temps, Discord). 

My question is:  Should I focus on matching refresh rate or resolution?  Does either matter for a secondary monitor?  I've heard Windows 10 has issues if you secondary monitor is a lower refresh rate that G-Sync will cap your main to that rate.

My second monitor choices are:

• PB277Q
  • MG248QR
  • VG248QE

I'd like to keep it sub 300 but I am certainly open to any suggestions.

Thanks!

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Non-matching resolutions are far easier to deal with (as in, even if there's problems, it's not something that is a pain to fix at all) than non-matching refresh rates, at least on Windows.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

@Dan CastellanetaThank you.  Refresh rates were my worry but I'm surprised I haven't found more information on this topic. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

5 minutes ago, Velcade said:

@Dan CastellanetaThank you.  Refresh rates were my worry but I'm surprised I haven't found more information on this topic. 

Yeah, there's a number of games that simply don't like mismatched refresh rates (looks at CSGO), so having a lower resolution secondary monitor over a lower refresh rate secondary would be the more practical option.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.