Project: Never Alone

Hey all, so it's pretty late but I just wanted to get the thread started.

Sponsored project by be quiet!

Hardware list:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
RAM: Hyper X
Motherboard: MSI B350 PC Mate
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock 2
GPU: XFX 480 RS
SSD: OCZ Agility 3
PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 550w
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 600 black windowed
Fans: be quiet! Silent Wings x5
Cablemod GPU bracket
Cablemod Pro Cable

It's not been all that long since my first build really but here I am being trusted with another project but this time with a new sponsor, be quiet! This is something that I'm really looking forward to, my daughter couldn't be overly involved in the last project due to it being for her but this one I will be keeping her involved as much as possible throughout the whole process! 

I'll come back tomorrow and fill in with more info on the project. :)

IMG_8318_edited.jpg

Alright so it's a little longer than a few days later, sorry about that. It's the start of the school holiday's though so I've been busier than usual. :)

Project: Never Alone is based on the game Never Alone, let me begin to explain how we come to choose this game as the theme for our next build. Well, my daughter told me it had to be a 'game case and black' she means game themed and the black I presume she's seen another case mod on the internet recently that was Egyptian themed, so that was that. I wondered what game I could actually use considering we haven't really got much of a collection especially if I'm going to keep her input for the build here and there, Never Alone, the very first game we started playing together, albeit sometimes she will watch me instead of 'helping' but nonetheless it is a game we really enjoy! The game story is excellent and very interesting to say the least and being based on true facts around the Alaskan Inupiat native people and how they treat the planet fairly and with sustainable ways of living without harming the earth are all good things to teach my daughter, on the downside I have heard about the storyline of the game and we have tough times ahead if she is to play through the whole game with me, it is a game we play at our leisure so may take another year or two to complete. I'll have to leave that part there however as I don't want to ruin the game for others. 

The progress has been slow as mentioned due to the holidays but today we managed to take the 12 mile trip to the acrylics shop and get what we need ordered, hopefully  we can go pick that up tomorrow and then the real work can begin!

I've actually let her take a few measurements and not double checked them so if something doesn't fit it's on her. :D

IMG_8326_edited.jpg

• 1 month later...

It's been awhile, I've had a busy few weeks (who doesn't love the school holidays). Anyways I've been doing the odd bit here and there when I've gotten the chance.

Firstly it started off with breaking some precious acrylic, I was attempting to get a mountain silhouette in the piece but it didn't go well at all.

Next up of course is some prep work along with the paintwork, the top panel and the removable cover are both being painted, the top panel is staying white whilst I have something special planned for the removable cover, you will find more on that closer to the time. :)
XOMauy4.jpg
zUp1wli.jpg
zUp1wli.jpg
hFB08q2.jpg
1TSMcj6.jpg

And to give you an idea of how this goes together...
vyqImJG.jpg

You're probably wondering where the front panel is by now? Well Actually I've just not got around to that yet, I've de-badged it ready for paint but as I mentioned above with the removable panel, this will have something a little more special added to it. ;)
TGuYuLC.jpg

time to show you what I'm currently doing to the fans, just adding a little sparkle and high gloss shine to help give the fans an icy look to them.
IemaUwM.jpg
W2veiD9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I gave the fans a few extra coats, wasn't too pleased with the look so here's the new improved version.
qoiySDz.jpg

Time to get the front coated with primer ready for the artwork that will come.
ii6TdPc.jpg

I've even attempted some mountain silhouettes but I need more practice, however they will look better once I've added a few details.
BrfAKfL.jpg
QYzG1Iy.jpg

I wasn't going to use a HDD in this case but still want to keep a HDD caddy, I may have a use for it in the end though, we will see.
PSavy6V.jpg
5ZcCs0p.jpg

All ready for the artwork to begin!
Kwg2PBF.jpg
KH73AB1.jpg

Over the next week we should be finished, hate to say it but having my daughter around throughout the school holidays sure slowed down this build but I'm more than happy to see the end is near!

A little update for you all and in my opinion is where the look of the rig starts to change completely!

Not going to be so bland after all.
Z1Yw8Ok.jpg
nyzPX6e.jpg
lnt9o7F.jpg
ES8Z0rJ.jpg
ez70KRr.jpg
tpyChxn.jpg

Stay tuned as more will be happening shortly.

I'm really liking where this is heading, however I'd like to hear some of your opinions from what you see here?
2LU30iP.jpg

Ok I wasn't going to share any more tonight but I'm loving this PSU shroud so much I can't resist!
vvOe7JI.jpg

holy moly...

W H E N   T H E   W O R L D   I S   A G A I N S T   Y O U ,   B U I L D   C O M P U T E R S !

Who did the artwork there? I really love the it and the individuality with the sparkle infused fans, nice work man. Nothing wrong with having a PC designed in your own way. It's easy to fall into the trap of the same same when it comes to building a new system, same RGB bland appearance. I know I fall into that trap myself.