S9 or Iphone 8?

SHG_Marsh

My birthday is coming up and my mom already sais im getting a new phone. Which one should I get?

Both are fine phones just depends what OS you prefer.  Iphone will have facetime and imessage.  Android you'll have third party apps and with the S9 a headphone jack.

Depends on what you plan to do with it and what requirements. Do you need the headphone jack or not?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Honestly, the only correct answer here is the S9.

You have a much more open source OS, with more options for customization and apps.

No lets compare head to head

Display -  S9 is at 570ppi  vs the iphones 326ppi.  The S9 also has a bigger screen 5.8 vs the iphones 4.7. Not to mention the OLed vs the retinas lcd.

You get a headphone jack still and USB-C which is more popular than lightning.

You get a better front camera  8mp vs the iphones 7mp

The s9 rear camera dual aperture setup is also superior to that of the Iphones. Performance outside of that is similar though

The S9 has a better CPU/GPU setup along with twice the RAM of the Iphone.

The only big positive about the Iphone is with the locked down OS and apps... it will be less likely to have issues with something not working or crashing. So it gets a slight advantage when it comes to stability.

I switched to Android for the first time a few weeks ago and bought an S9. I've been using iOS since around 2008.

I don't think I'm ever going back.

The display is better, I get a headphone jack, and I can even drag and drop things onto my phone instead of dealing with iTunes, which is unbelievably slow on every system I've used it on.

The customization options are ludicrously better. I can download custom home screens, custom icons, etc. With an Android, my phone is mine. Lord Apple isn't there to tell you what is okay and what isn't okay to do with your device.

Not to mention, you don't support the cult of Apple by buying an Android.

Current Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D

GPU: RTX 3080 Ti FE

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200 MHz

Mobo: Asus Tuf X570 Plus Wifi

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X53

PSU: EVGA G6 Supernova 850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite

Current Laptop:

Model: Asus ROG Zephyrus G14

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HS

GPU: RTX 3060