My pc keeps freezing with no load.

While running at just the windows desktop with nzxts cam software running and maybe task manager, my pc keeps freezing randomly. It will freeze and i have to restart which is very annoying.

My operating system is: Windows 10 Home version 1803 64bit

My system specs are ;

Motherboard: Asrock Fm2A88X+ Killer

Cpu: Amd A8-7650k

Ram: Samsung 16 GB (4x4GB)

Gpu: Nvidia GeForce GT 740

Storage: WDC 320 GB, SanDisk ultra 500GB

Psu; Thermaltake Tr2 500W

The only thing it will freeze and require a reboot running anything really. ether its google chrome, task manager even nothing.

Use a program to see if your CPU is overheating, and check your hardrives performance to make sure there still running good.

1 minute ago, RAM555789 said:

Use a program to see if your CPU is overheating, and check your hardrives performance to make sure there still running good.

I used nzxts cam to check and just running it and google here im sitting at 67 degrees c. I have no idea if that's good or bad, as I'm no where near a expert with this stuff, im young and dumb ;)  

As for my drives, my ssd is brand new and the hard drive is only a year old and as far as I've checked with a program all is running well. :/ 

Thanks for your reply btw 

you got 4 sticks of ram

pull all but one out , does that fix it?

7 minutes ago, Nerdeth Experience said:

I used nzxts cam to check and just running it and google here im sitting at 67 degrees c. I have no idea if that's good or bad, as I'm no where near a expert with this stuff, im young and dumb ;)  

As for my drives, my ssd is brand new and the hard drive is only a year old and as far as I've checked with a program all is running well. :/ 

Thanks for your reply btw 

Yeah not sure, and 67 degrees is fine. If you get to 90 or above that's when you could see a crash from the CPU.

1 hour ago, emosun said:

you got 4 sticks of ram

pull all but one out , does that fix it?

yea, actually that seems to of helped. while I cant say for sure its on and off when it freezes i haven't had any issues since removing all dimms but the one.

4 minutes ago, Nerdeth Experience said:

yea, actually that seems to of helped. while I cant say for sure its on and off when it freezes i haven't had any issues since removing all dimms but the one.

yeah typically people who have hard locks and lots of ram sticks will usually have a bad stick. the more sticks the more chances one is bad.

dont forget bad ram sticks can pass memtest all day so you'll have to figure out which one is bad the old fashion way and just try em all

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

yeah typically people who have hard locks and lots of ram sticks will usually have a bad stick. the more sticks the more chances one is bad.

dont forget bad ram sticks can pass memtest all day so you'll have to figure out which one is bad the old fashion way and just try em all

Ahhh well that's going to take a min or two huh. I also noticed... this pc not being mine, that theirs two different brands of ram in here? ones Samsung and the others crucial ballistix would that cause the same issue?

1 minute ago, Nerdeth Experience said:

ones Samsung and the others crucial ballistix would that cause the same issue?

nope you can mix ram brands

but chances are one of them is bad , and or the motherboard just doesn't want 4 dimms anymore which can definitely happen. meaning you'll pick one pair to go back in

1 minute ago, emosun said:

nope you can mix ram brands

but chances are one of them is bad , and or the motherboard just doesn't want 4 dimms anymore which can definitely happen. meaning you'll pick one pair to go back in

ohhh. any recommendations on which brand i should use?

Just now, Nerdeth Experience said:

ohhh. any recommendations on which brand i should use?

whichever doesn't freeze the machine

1 minute ago, emosun said:

whichever doesn't freeze the machine

oh uh.. yea drrr lol thanks so much! should i mark this as solved then? I've never used a forum i was so frustrated i just decided too...

Just now, Nerdeth Experience said:

oh uh.. yea drrr lol thanks so much! should i mark this as solved then? I've never used a forum i was so frustrated i just decided too...

make sure the computer works well before considering it solved