Computer won’t post/monitor black. CPU yellow led on.

kdmasmkda

I don’t really know what else to do here. The RGB Works on the fans, ram, gpu, cpu cooler, and mobo. There was two cpu plugs that came with the PSU, could I have used the wrong one?

Post system specs please.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

Asus Z370-G Micro Atx

i7 8700k.

Just now, kimsejin5 said:

Post system specs please.

3 minutes ago, kdmasmkda said:

There was two cpu plugs that came with the PSU, could I have used the wrong one?

1 minute ago, kdmasmkda said:

Asus Z370-G Micro Atx

i7 8700k.

You need to use both.

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

Just now, kdmasmkda said:

Asus Z370-G Micro Atx

i7 8700k.

Spoiler

This is what the cpu plug looks like, notice how little room I have to work with, not sure if it’s fully seated properly but I pushed pretty hard to plug it in.

image.jpg

Just now, chckovsky said:

You need to use both.

Where is the other cpu header?

I think I misunderstood. Both plugs need to be insertet properly, but most PSUs come with a splittable 8-pin. Sometimes that's two different cables.

It's likely not inserted properly.

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

Scrat

4 minutes ago, chckovsky said:

You need to use both.

I was wrong, it’s the DRAM light on after reading the manual. 

Scrat

I was wrong, it’s the DRAM light on after reading the manual. 

Dram rgb lights are off too...

I was wrong, it’s the DRAM light on

Wel, are _they_ properly inserted? :D

1 minute ago, chckovsky said:

Wel, are _they_ properly inserted? :D

They popped in and clicked

They popped in and clicked

On both sides?

On both sides?

Yes, I have them installed on A2 and B2

They weren’t seated properly even though they clicked in..... this isn’t my first time doing a build by the way lol. Oh boy....

image.jpg

I meant both on the top side and bottom side of each slot. But I see you've fixed it now! Congratulations!

I meant both on the top side and bottom side of each slot. But I see you've fixed it now! Congratulations!

I can’t fix the other stick unfortunately, any ideas? Swap slots?

2 minutes ago, kdmasmkda said:

I can’t fix the other stick unfortunately, any ideas? Swap slots?

The other stick seems as if it’s dead. I swapped slots and it still won’t work.

1) I assume you're shutting the machine down as you're switching them around? Ram is not hot swappable

2) It's probably not seated correctly.

The other stick seems as if it’s dead. I swapped slots and it still won’t work.

And it’s a success! Thanks for helping.

image.jpg

image.jpg