1050ti Brand help

Svarog034

Hi guys, currently I'm in a struggle of choosing between these two models

https://m.gigatron.rs/graficke_karte/msi_nvidia_geforce_gtx_1050_gaming_x_4gb_gddr5_128bit_-_gtx_1050_ti_gaming_x_4g-96755?recommender_box_placement=mobilecategorypage_recommended&recommender_box=quarticon

And this one

https://m.gigatron.rs/graficke_karte/asus_geforce_gtx_1050_ti_oc_edition_4gb_gddr5_128bit_-_strix-gtx1050ti-o4g-gaming-92799

Which was one would you suggest? As far as esthetics go, I would choose gaming x model. The price difference is a couple of percents, and I don't know a lot about gpus. Needed only for gaming. What are the differences regarding cooling and noise? 

8350 /w 212 evo

Gd65 990fxa

2x4gb blue patriot viper

630w thermaltake silver 

They are both fine, the warranty is what you want to look at. If they have a repair center in your country, it just means you won't have to ship it far for a rma. The Asus card has RGB though and the MSI has none, and the coolers are basically the same in performance.

spend the few extra $$$ for a 1060 3gb it has 2x the performance almost. its is worth it trust me

24 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

They are both fine, the warranty is what you want to look at. If they have a repair center in your country, it just means you won't have to ship it far for a rma. The Asus card has RGB though and the MSI has none, and the coolers are basically the same in performance.

We have msi center in Belgrade, but for asus, a shipment is required

10 minutes ago, CODboyX said:

spend the few extra $$$ for a 1060 3gb it has 2x the performance almost. its is worth it trust me

I have 8350 amd processor, it would bottleneck it, a couple of guys suggested me simply buying 1050ti and then upgrading it later on. Your thoughts? 

8 minutes ago, Svarog034 said:

We have msi center in Belgrade, but for asus, a shipment is required

I have 8350 amd processor, it would bottleneck it, a couple of guys suggested me simply buying 1050ti and then upgrading it later on. Your thoughts? 

just think the price difference for the performance you get. its worth it

9 minutes ago, CODboyX said:

just think the price difference for the performance you get. its worth it

Do you understand that my processor wouldn't be able to fully utilize the gpu??? 

1 minute ago, Svarog034 said:

Do you understand that my process wouldn't be able to fully utilize the gpu??? 

I build computers  for people and have my own company. if you get a 1060 you wont need a gpu upgrade. you can upgrade your cpu platform next. it would be a waste of money to get the 1050ti then upgrade your cpu then your gpu also. spend the 20-30 bucks and save 250 in the long run

2 minutes ago, CODboyX said:

I build computers  for people and have my own company. if you get a 1060 you wont need a gpu upgrade. you can upgrade your cpu platform next. it would be a waste of money to get the 1050ti then upgrade your cpu then your gpu also. spend the 20-30 bucks and save 250 in the long run

Wouldn't 3gb be a bit too low for gaming? 

6 hours ago, Svarog034 said:

Wouldn't 3gb be a bit too low for gaming? 

You would rather get the 6GB over the 3GB. I have a GTX 1050Ti and the FX 8350 myself and I would recommend that if you plan on upgrading your motherboard and CPU in the future, then get a better GPU for now and then when you do upgrade the whole computer you won't have to upgrade the GPU. If you are gaming in 1080p, then just get the GTX 1060 6GB or the GTX 1070 for more power.

13 hours ago, Rainbow Dash said:

You would rather get the 6GB over the 3GB. I have a GTX 1050Ti and the FX 8350 myself and I would recommend that if you plan on upgrading your motherboard and CPU in the future, then get a better GPU for now and then when you do upgrade the whole computer you won't have to upgrade the GPU. If you are gaming in 1080p, then just get the GTX 1060 6GB or the GTX 1070 for more power.

1050ti is 280$ here, and 1060 3gb is 400$, I simply have no funds to buy anything other than 1050ti sadly. The corruption and monopoly is real