slow steam download

hi guys i using an asus RT-AC55UHP router connected to my wifi card tp link T6e archer. After a firmware update on my router for some fix in security my steam download speed slow down alot. From 13Mb/s to just 4Mb/s. i had try switching different channel still the same. Lucky my gaming ping is not affected .I used to have this problem but is fixed with channel 48 but now it does not work .So now i hoping for someone to give me some tip on how to speed up my internet connection .I dont mind disable some security feature that might be slowing things download since i dont store personal information on my computer any help will be great thx   

I think it is the same you just have the view to different metrics. There is a difference between MB/s and Mb/s

Bits and bytes are different.

Check and change the download speed metrics in steam

10 hours ago, Tom is a Door said:

I think it is the same you just have the view to different metrics. There is a difference between MB/s and Mb/s

Bits and bytes are different.

Check and change the download speed metrics in steam

sorry is bytes that what i mean

Are you able to roll back to the previous version to test heads up?

Did something like QoS become enabled after pushing the new firmware?

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

This can also have something to do with your harddrive. I've seen download speeds peak at +50mb/s only to fall to ~14mb/s because it's downloading while installing, and the drive can't keep up with the i/o's. On the drive i have now i see download speed in excess of +70mb/s while installing.

So it might not have anything to do with the router firmware performance, you'd need to do further testing between the two firmwares before we can conclude that.

As mentioned above, look in the settings and see if anything has changed, like qos, portforwarding, upnp etc.

Nope....Just nope.

23 hours ago, beersykins said:

Are you able to roll back to the previous version to test heads up?

Did something like QoS become enabled after pushing the new firmware?

Qos is not enable and i cant rollback the firmware

21 hours ago, idiocracy said:

This can also have something to do with your harddrive. I've seen download speeds peak at +50mb/s only to fall to ~14mb/s because it's downloading while installing, and the drive can't keep up with the i/o's. On the drive i have now i see download speed in excess of +70mb/s while installing.

So it might not have anything to do with the router firmware performance, you'd need to do further testing between the two firmwares before we can conclude that.

As mentioned above, look in the settings and see if anything has changed, like qos, portforwarding, upnp etc.

qos is not enable portforwarding i dont touch it and upnp is enable.Hard drive i using WD black 1tb should be able to handle it

I'd factory reset it and try setting it back up.  You can also see what neighbor networks are in the 5 ghz band with something like the Wifi Analyzer app on your phone, you would want to pick open space for channel.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

ok i factory reset it and yes much better download speed but only up to 8M bytes use to be 13 at least and also i find a open space channel still the same 

18 hours ago, beersykins said:

I'd factory reset it and try setting it back up.  You can also see what neighbor networks are in the 5 ghz band with something like the Wifi Analyzer app on your phone, you would want to pick open space for channel.

also not sure why but window keep saying my connection is 802.11n both my router and my wifi card support ac any idea how to change that?

8 minutes ago, Jun Wei Goh said:

also not sure why but window keep saying my connection is 802.11n both my router and my wifi card support ac any idea how to change that?

You're probably connected to the 2.4GHz network, which has significantly lower bandwidth. AC is a 5GHz only standard, so make sure you're connected to the 5GHz network.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

20 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

You're probably connected to the 2.4GHz network, which has significantly lower bandwidth. AC is a 5GHz only standard, so make sure you're connected to the 5GHz network.

i am connecting on 5GHZ still window says N connection