Lost the key's honey! Wait. What was the password?

So i have this like 5 to 4 year old tablet and i forgot the password for it. and so i tried the good old fasion way of formating my device by holding these magical buttons and nothing happens. The stuff i can get into with the buttons is custom download and safe mode.

-Samsung

-Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Kids-T2105

-8GB

This is all i remember about my tablet.

6 minutes ago, redsmallslime said:

So i have this like 5 to 4 year old tablet and i forgot the password for it. and so i tried the good old fasion way of formating my device by holding these magical buttons and nothing happens. The stuff i can get into with the buttons is custom download and safe mode.

-Samsung

-Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Kids-T2105

-8GB

This is all i remember about my tablet.

So when you hold down volume down and power while shut down it doesnt give you the android recovery screen? Wow thats weird

4 minutes ago, xScratchHackerx said:

So when you hold down volume down and power while shut down it doesnt give you the android recovery screen? Wow thats weird

No im on samsung and i don't think it's Volume - and Power

1 minute ago, redsmallslime said:

No im on samsung and i don't think it's Volume - and Power

Maybe try volume and power? Idk might not help but I got nothing else 

Actually Volume - and power is for Safe Mode on my tablet

For Samsung it is home button + volume up button + power button. If it won't go into recovery mode, maybe one of those buttons are broken?

If that is the case there are possibly two ways I can think of to try....

#1 www.google.com/android/find

If you have the "find my device" app installed and admin privileges enabled. Then assuming it can connect to the internet, you should have the option to log into your google account and remotely reset your device.

#2 Samsung Kies

You may be able to re initialize the device with Samsung Kies provided you're able to get it to communicate.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, redsmallslime said:

Actually Volume - and power is for Safe Mode on my tablet

Lool ok... So you done or you need help with this? (Asking just in case :))

2 minutes ago, Razor Blade said:

For Samsung it is home button + volume up button + power button. If it won't go into recovery mode, maybe one of those buttons are broken?

If that is the case there are possibly two ways I can think of to try....

#1 www.google.com/android/find

If you have the "find my device" app installed and admin privileges enabled. Then assuming it can connect to the internet, you should have the option to log into your google account and remotely reset your device.

#2 Samsung Kies

You may be able to re initialize the device with Samsung Kies provided you're able to get it to communicate.

It won't go to recovery mode but none of the key's are broken i haven't linked my Gmail account to my tablet so that's a unusable option and Samsung Kies? What in the world is that?

1 minute ago, redsmallslime said:

Is Kies compatable with my device?

I did have a locked Samsung device and was able to reset the OS with it. Kies worked for me.

hi.

6 minutes ago, redsmallslime said:

It won't go to recovery mode but none of the key's are broken i haven't linked my Gmail account to my tablet so that's a unusable option and Samsung Kies? What in the world is that?

Kies is the predecessor to Samsung's "Smart Switch" software. It is mainly used to sync data between your computer and your mobile device but also has the ability to update firmware and recover some bricked devices. There are I believe 3 or 4 versions of Kies so just download the one that is compatible with your device.

It's been years since I downloaded Kies... it looks like it isn't even found on Samsung's US website... I guess Samsung is pushing the smart switch app hard. A quick Google search turned up this source...

http://kies.youmobile.org/

Virustotal cleared the file downloads of the page...

Results for Kies2:  https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/806564e6157ea1895a20a31c493c67e64a8a837ba0acc3bbe29fe4ac1c3d9ba7/detection

Results for Kies3:  https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/b50ac039ae44343f95d6a17fbd5b8793579e866d8429d302096378259f309fa2/detection

Results for Kies (Mac):  https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/36889527c7a821d639985eafd8b8276d73eb91ee4c85e13777a90d928054232c/detection

But I still encourage anyone to scan anything you download as part of safe practices.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

im gonna need a new computer cause my moms just ain't working and the computer next to me doesn't register the app

But what i can say is that Kies is the way to go. When i get a PC at the moment Kies is Key (pun city!)