Is it better to use Vsync in SP games?

ManOfDisguise

Even though I have a 144hz monitor and might get more tahn 60 fps a lot(depends on game) is it better to have a stable 60fps. How bad is the input lag from vsync? And yes I know G-SYNC is coming but i wont be getting it

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Unless you are getting enough fps to exceed the 144hz, there's no need for vsync.

I dont think there is really input lag from vsync imo, it would help to *TRY to eliminate tearing , so if you dont tear or have any problems without it on then dont put it on

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

I dont think there is really input lag from vsync imo

There is. I cannot really cite anything other than my word but I have extensively looked into it testing with several of my games.

But to the OP what makes you want to enable V-Sync, are you getting lots of tearing?

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

There is. I cannot really cite anything other than my word but I have extensively looked into it testing with several of my games.

But to the OP what makes you want to enable V-Sync, are you getting lots of tearing?

Without it I would get a lot of fps bumps and decreases. isnt it better to have a steady 60 fps then to have 30-80?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Without it I would get a lot of fps bumps and decreases. isnt it better to have a steady 60 fps then to have 30-80?

V-Sync will not prevent your fps going from 60-30 and 60 is worse than 80 anyway so go ahead and keep V-Sync off. I imagine a steady framerate would be ideal but 30 to 60 is already pretty abysmal so having the higher framerate would be better. Can you tone down video settings in other areas?

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

V-Sync will not prevent your fps going from 60-30 and 60 is worse than 80 anyway so go ahead and keep V-Sync off. I imagine a steady framerate would be ideal but 30 to 60 is already pretty abysmal so having the higher framerate would be better. Can you tone down video settings in other areas?

k thanx ill keep vsync off as i have up until now

Specs of my PC: