How do I get windows 7 for free

elfishz1

I know you can get win 10 for free using media creation but there is none of that for windows 7. How do I get win 7 for free?

Piracy is bad. Better go watch Jack Sparrow. But there are various ways. I don't think this is the correct website to ask it though. Reddit is a better place. It has a full sub-reddit on it. Windows is cheap online these days. I got 3 Win10 licences for 20 bucks, split with 3 friends. Less than 10 bucks a pop for legit software.

Windows 7 iso is no longer available on Microsoft's webiste, it's only W10 iso. If you want legit W7, just buy it online.

13 minutes ago, elfishz1 said:

I know you can get win 10 for free using media creation

You can't, once you install it it will say it's not activated until you enter a valid product key.

If you mean illegally, we can't talk about that on the forum and if you're looking for a free operating system you should take a look at some Linux distributions.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

20 minutes ago, elfishz1 said:

I know you can get win 10 for free using media creation but there is none of that for windows 7. How do I get win 7 for free?

Windows is not free. You are only getting the the setup files of Windows via Media Creation Tool (ISO), it is a tool to get the latest version, and help you upgrade the current system, or prepapre a disk or USB flash drive where you can boot to, after, and install/update Windows 10. It does not include a license. Without license, Windows will install, but it will be in trial mode, and you'll get the "Activate Windows" watermark and some settings will be disabled for you until a product key is used.

I like that type of pirates. In real world thay would be pirates who asks "how can I get big and fast ship for free? And how can i sail it without crew?". :)

You don't. You may be able to download the ISO for free, but you can't get a license for free.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

1 hour ago, chiller15 said:

You don't. You may be able to download the ISO for free, but you can't get a license for free.

Pirate license keys which will get blocked by Microsoft soon. 

42 minutes ago, DaPhuc said:

Pirate license keys which will get blocked by Microsoft soon. 

Which are illegal and should not be discussed on this forum.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

1 hour ago, chiller15 said:

Which are illegal and should not be discussed on this forum.

Piracy has always been part of computer world, we may discuss about it using freedom of speech I suppose. We should not help pirates though.

It's interesting subject - I always wondered what current computers would look like if not piracy. Would  we have better software, because the programmers would have a better motivation? Or maybe we would have worse computers because they (computers) would not be so common? Would the .doc format (for example) be so popular if in the old days only legal office users could open it? And how much would it cost 4TB drives if only people involved in video editing used them?

Just interesting questions.

Anyway - funny is when someone wants free windows 7 and asks about it on this forum.

for reasons above we'll just call it a no real answer topic.

<-LOCKED->