Why is my dads pc shocking me

CaptainChaos025

Hello,

Every time i touch the back of my dads pc case i get an electrical shock! How and why??

LMAO STOP.

Unplug everything from the wall.

Like what he said,

The PowerSupply is old, Or is split and could be groudning on the case, You should not be taking this in a joking manner if this is true.

This could legit shock you to death

M Y  S T U F F

Ryzen  PC |~|  Ryzen 5 1600 | GTX 1060 6GB | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB DDR4 DDR4 2400 x2 |  WD Blue 250GB SSD | Barracuda Pro 2TB  EVGA 650W 80+Gold |

Laptop |~| Legion Y530 | i7-8750H | GTX 1050 Ti 4GB | 16GB DDR4 2666MHz | 128GB SSD | 1 TB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm |

Macbook Air |~| 2.2GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 | Intel HD Graphics 6000 | 8GB of 1600MHz  512GB SSD |

Displays |~| AOC G2460VQ6 24" x2|

Keyboard |~| Corsair Gaming K70RGB 

Mouse |~| Razer Lancehead Pink RG

Audio |~| HyperX Cloud II Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X

Microphone |~| Audio Technica AT2035

M y  R e v i e w s 

Lenovo Y530 Legion Laptop.

More Coming Soon...

Faulty power supply. I would trash it, or get into the PC and take it out, and trash it.

hi.

Unplug that thing before it blows up. It's a bomb and it's ticking. Replace the power supply as fast as you can.

3 hours ago, SparkzMan9 said:

Power supply probably going bad, btw its dangerous.

Well, this basically is only in one certain place. Where it is. It sin our backyard, in the shed. I took it to my room to test it, and this time (on my room) i got no shock at all! I think its from the momitor which is also quite old and hangs upside down (im not joking) 

It's not the PSU going bad.  Jesus the people in these forums.....

Move the PC to another room or different house (if possible).  Does it still have the shock?

What country are you in and what kind of plug does your country use?  Is the plug grounded?

Do you have a DMM or a ground fault tester tool?

8 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

It's not the PSU going bad.  Jesus the people in these forums.....

Move the PC to another room or different house (if possible).  Does it still have the shock?

What country are you in and what kind of plug does your country use?  Is the plug grounded?

Do you have a DMM or a ground fault tester tool?

Well i tried it in my room and in my roo. Its totally fine. I dont get a shock at all. Im from Holland/the Netherlands, Europe. The plug is indeed grounded. I dont have any tool at all

2 minutes ago, CaptainChaos025 said:

Well i tried it in my room and in my roo. Its totally fine. I dont get a shock at all. Im from Holland/the Netherlands, Europe. The plug is indeed grounded. I dont have any tool at all

Sorry. I missed that post of yours.

If afraid it's that particular socket in his shed that's not grounded.  While your power plug has a ground, and even the receptacle has a ground pin, that particular socket isn't actually grounded.

See:  Everything in your PC, AC and DC, is grounded through the ground pin on the AC power cord.  The power supply is mounted to your metal chassis using a metal screw and the ground pin on the AC inlet is grounded to the metal housing of the PSU.  But if that ground wire doesn't go anywhere, there's no ground.  You can't have a ground wire not go to Earth and expect your components to not give you a bit of a buzz.  ;)

DSC_2223.jpg