My PC froze, I turned it off and it wont turn on again

I was watching a YouTube video on my second monitor while fortnite was loading, and suddenly my second monitor stopped receiving anything from the PC and the main monitor froze.

So I turned my PC off (by holding the power button until it turned off) and then turned it on, the PC lit up and the fans started spinning up but my keyboard didn't and the monitors didn't receive anything from it.

I tried turning it off and on again but the same thing happened.

any idea why this happened and how can I fix it? (if it can even be fixed)

UPDATE: It happened again. Twice!

how can I fix it?

Edited by Cyberrex

Remove your GPU and try turning it on using on-board graphics if you have them.

Sounds like what happened when my motherboard failed a long time ago.  Doesn't mean this is that, but it could be.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

Remove your GPU and try turning it on using on-board graphics if you have them.

it turned on!

so my gpu is broken?

1 minute ago, Cyberrex said:

it turned on!

so my gpu is broken?

That is probable, try re seating the GPU cables and place and the GPU in the slot again. If it won't want to turn on I am afraid the GPU might be broken. In case you have more than one PCI-E slot try putting your GPU in a different slot and check if the problem persists.

3 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

That is probable, try re seating the GPU cables and place and the GPU in the slot again. If it won't want to turn on I am afraid the GPU might be broken. In case you have more than one PCI-E slot try putting your GPU in a different slot and check if the problem persists.

I put my gpu in the same PCI-E slot it was in before and turned the PC on and it worked!

thanks for the help!