Logitech G35 vs Steelseries Siberia Elite

maxvons

I've had my Logitech G35's for about two years now, and they've been great. I'm now willing to try something new, as the G35's have started to produce a high pitched noise from time to time. So I noticed that Steelseries had a new headset, and I read some reviews. Reviewers say it sounds great and is comfortable, everything I really want in a headset.

Have any of you had any experience with both of these headsets, or could your from some kind of "spec sheet" tell me which one sounds better? I don't wanna trade my trusty G35's for an inferior product after all. 

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

i havent tried both but i think you can afford a good headphone with a mod-mic which is way better than this "gaming headset"

I haven't used either of the headsets you're talking about but I can tell you that Linus just did a video on the Siberia Elites and he wasn't disappointed with what they had to offer.

i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz | ASUS STRIX 970 | MSI Z77A-G43 | 16GB Corsair Vengenace 1600Mhz | 128GB/256GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2x 240GB Intel 335 Series | 1TB WD Black | Corsair 650TX | CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced (Ghost White) | Win 10 Pro

The G35 sound horrible, so if the Siberia Elites don't sound any better, they are shit. 

The G35 sound horrible, so if the Siberia Elites don't sound any better, they are shit. 

My G35's with the right EQ settings sound quite nice IMO. 

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

I just went from G35's which I loved and over to the Elite, and I don't really know what I think. The audio is better, the bass is much better, however the sound is quite a bit lower, and in certain games I really feel like it is too low. The surround is even more accurate than the g35's, which is great.
The worst part about it though is the microphone. Everyone on my teamspeak say they hate my new microphone, and it sounds like I am talking from inside a tin-can.

Honestly, I am on the fence, and I am considdering trading it in and get a new g35. I love the positive aspects of it, but the negatives might be too big for me.. Somehow hoping they will release a firmware that improves the mic and max volume.

EDIT:

Just spent a lot of time tweaking and recording myself speaking. I adjusted the EQ by bringing everything up a bit, which gave me a louder volume, so I am now satisfied with that. I also found that if I turn mic compression on, and keep the mic somewhat retracted, in other words not directly in front of my mouth, it makes it sound better with a lot less cracking. The mic is still nowhere near the G35 mic, but it definitely helped.

I just went from G35's which I loved and over to the Elite, and I don't really know what I think. The audio is better, the bass is much better, however the sound is quite a bit lower, and in certain games I really feel like it is too low. The surround is even more accurate than the g35's, which is great.

The worst part about it though is the microphone. Everyone on my teamspeak say they hate my new microphone, and it sounds like I am talking from inside a tin-can.

Honestly, I am on the fence, and I am considdering trading it in and get a new g35. I love the positive aspects of it, but the negatives might be too big for me.. Somehow hoping they will release a firmware that improves the mic and max volume.

EDIT:

Just spent a lot of time tweaking and recording myself speaking. I adjusted the EQ by bringing everything up a bit, which game me a louder volume, so I am now satisfied with that. I also found that if I turn mic compression on, and keep the mic somewhat retracted, in other words not directly in front of my mouth, it makes it sound better with a lot less cracking. The mic is still nowhere near the G35 mic, but it definitely helped.

So the audio quality and bass i better, but the mic is worse? Sounds like my friends will have to suffer a bit. Btw, you know that you can turn on an audio dial on the right side of the Elites and bring up the volume? If so, is the volume level still low, or can you get it up to ear blowing levels?

EDIT: 

Just got the Elites today. Gotta say it's actually really awesome. Sound quality wise it's superior to the G35, and the bass is better as you said too. About the "low volume". I turned the volume knob on the right side of the headset, and with the windows volume on 50%, I couldn't even turn it all the way up without blowing my ears out. This headset does not have a "low volume" problem, that's for sure! ;)

Gonna sell my G35 to my brother.

Hm, mine are definitely not that loud, my Windows audio is on 100, and I can turn the headset volume to max, and it really isn't that loud. However after turning up the EQ, the volume is perfect. Everything about this headset is better than the G35, except the microphone which is not very good sadly...

Hm, mine are definitely not that loud, my Windows audio is on 100, and I can turn the headset volume to max, and it really isn't that loud. However after turning up the EQ, the volume is perfect. Everything about this headset is better than the G35, except the microphone which is not very good sadly...

The volume is definitely lower if you have surround sound activated. In normal stereo mode, it's really loud.