Windows With New Build

So I have my system and im upgrading it and saving gpu/hardrive/hardrive and replacing everything else should my windows be fine or do i need a new copy? thanks

You need a new key and it still might not boot. If that happens boot in safe mode and install the proper drivers and you should be fine.

Which version of windows?

If you are using windows 10 then it's possible to link your digital license with your Microsoft account. Once you upgrade your pc you will get a message saying windows is not activated, open up activation and security and click on troubleshooting. Then click on I changed hardware on this device. Then enter your Microsoft login credentials then when prompted click on the device you are currently using and re activate windows. 

Remember you must link your digital license with your Microsoft account before disassembling your pc 

Just now, TekRed said:

If you are using windows 10 then it's possible to link your digital license with your Microsoft account. Once you upgrade your pc you will get a message saying windows is not activated, open up activation and security and click on troubleshooting. Then click on I changed hardware on this device. Then enter your Microsoft login credentials then when prompted click on the device you are currently using and re activate windows. 

Remember you must link your digital license with your Microsoft account before disassembling your pc 

thanks ill try that

Just now, Dark Manor said:

You need a new key and it still might not boot. If that happens boot in safe mode and install the proper drivers and you should be fine.

ok thanks ill try that

1 minute ago, fiberzs is dad said:

thanks ill try that

No problem, any issues or questions just reach out

3 minutes ago, TekRed said:

I didn't know that. I could have saved a good 20 or 30 dollars if I had. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Dark Manor said:

I didn't know that. I could have saved a good 20 or 30 dollars if I had. Thanks.

Lol well you could always reassemble the old system and link it then you'll have an extra key for a second build ?

2 minutes ago, TekRed said:

Lol well you could always reassemble the old system and link it then you'll have an extra key for a second build ?

I would have to take back a mobo from  someone in another state. I'll just buy a $12 key online next time, cheaper than shipping. Lol.

3 minutes ago, Dark Manor said:

I would have to take back a mobo from  someone in another state. I'll just buy a $12 key online next time, cheaper than shipping. Lol.

Well at least you know for next time. Also those cheap keys, I ran into trouble with them years back where they would suddenly become inactivated for some reason. That was a very long time ago so not sure how they are now but I actually buy legit licenses whenever I need a new OS.