Issues with Installing Windows

Kulak

So I had this old computer and I'm going to give it to someone I know. The only thing it was missing was a hard drive so I went ahead and got that. At this point all I needed was a copy of Windows 10. I put a copy of what I believe is the installation media on a flash drive and was booting off that drive. Except I run into an issue every time I boot. bootprob.thumb.jpg.52406c1212b1c321f562618716e44c68.jpg

Now based off what it says it would make sense if I didn't have installation media in there. This is where I got it from: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. Also I did run the setup on the flash drive on my computer to tell it that I want it for another computer before actually trying to boot off it on the other computer.

did you just extract the file and put all the files on the flash drive, or did you use a program to burn it into the flash drive?

4 minutes ago, TTQGaming said:

did you just extract the file and put all the files on the flash drive, or did you use a program to burn it into the flash drive?

Well when you download it from that link it creates the installation media. I copied that whole file over to the flash drive and then started the setup to get it ready. Once the setup finished I then put it into the other computer to boot off of.

1 minute ago, Kulak said:

I copied that whole file over to the flash drive and then started the setup to get it ready

that's the problem.. do you still have the iso file? If yes, download a program called rufus( you can use portable version if you don't want to install anything) and then follow the User interface

9 minutes ago, TTQGaming said:

that's the problem.. do you still have the iso file? If yes, download a program called rufus( you can use portable version if you don't want to install anything) and then follow the User interface

I just did what it said on the site's directions but I'll try that.

10 hours ago, Kulak said:

I just did what it said on the site's directions but I'll try that.

Tbh it doesn't matter if you use Rufus or MCT. Problem might actually be that you had ISO on the drive which you are trying to burn. ISO should be on another location, usually Desktop or Downloads folder.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 7/19/2018 at 6:02 PM, TTQGaming said:

So I did as you said, made sure I had everything correct. I booted off the USB and all I get is a blinking dash in the upper left corner :/ and nothing else. I watched a YouTube video to make sure I was using rufus the correct way. I don't see how I could have done it wrong. I looke in the ubs's files and they're all there. But the computer is acting as if it isn't.

If this is old computer, download old version of Rufus that allows you to prepare boot usb in legacy mode too. Somehow I have problem with that in Rufus 3.x version.

13 hours ago, Kulak said:

So I did as you said, made sure I had everything correct. I booted off the USB and all I get is a blinking dash in the upper left corner :/ and nothing else. I watched a YouTube video to make sure I was using rufus the correct way. I don't see how I could have done it wrong. I looke in the ubs's files and they're all there. But the computer is acting as if it isn't.

go to your bios and make usb the master boot system( or something, look it up on youtube, if you have troubles)