Steam winter sale trading cards

AfroLedgend

Why can't I collect any Snow Globe Trading Cards? I have voted 9 times and I'm level 3 and haven't got any.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

Last time I checked you have to be level 5 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

it clearly states that you need to be level 5 to acquire snowglobe trading cards.

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

it clearly states that you need to be level 5 to acquire snowglobe trading cards.

Ok, but that's for every time you vote you get one card when you are level 5, below that you are supposed to get one card every 3 votes

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

Ok, but that's for every time you vote you get one card when you are level 5, below that you are supposed to get one card every 3 votes

No, I'm level 10 and I get 1 card every 3 votes.

My friends who are below level 5 don't get any cards, no matter their votes.

This is clearly stated by valve.

Grammar nazis are people too!
Treat your local grammar nazi nicely and he might teach you a thing or two. (Note that I'm Belgian and not a native English speaker.)
Chivalry isn't dead!

No, I'm level 10 and I get 1 card every 3 votes.

My friends who are below level 5 don't get any cards, no matter their votes.

This is clearly stated by valve.

OK my mistake, that was how it worked during the Summer sale earlier this year. I assumed the same of this.

OK my mistake, that was how it worked during the Summer sale earlier this year. I assumed the same of this.

No, that's not how it worked in the Summer Sale either. You get 1 card per 3 votes no matter your Steam level, but if your level is lower than 5 then you get your cards after the sale.. But it looks like the Holiday Cards are going to expire at the end of the sale this time. So your voting may be for nothing.

post-20169-0-57602200-1388346132.jpg

Yes, the cards expire. Though if you reach level 5 BEFORE the sale ends, you will get all of the cards that you have earned from voting.

So maybe make a badge or two from other games...

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."