Tweeter with specific dimensions in Europe?

Cheesus182

Hey guys,

a couple of weeks ago I converted an old Canton book case speaker into a Bluetooth speaker with a battery. All went fine up until I accidentally turned my volume to max. 

The tweeter blew and now all I get is horribly distorted highs. 

I've been looking for a cheapish alternative but haven't been able to find any that would fit in the case. 

Excuse my terrible terminology now but the big round "metal block" of the tweeter has 4 mounting holes, arranged in a square, all 3.7cm (1.45") apart.

It attaches to a "mounting plate" which is 10.8cm (4.25") x 7.3cm (2.87").

The "mounting plate" is where the wires attach to. 
If I'm not wrong its a "dome tweeter" and not a "horn tweeter". Correct me if I'm talking crap here.

Does anyone know where or even if I can get a tweeter to replace this one with? And ideally somewhere in Europe? It's a pretty basic speaker so I really just need a basic tweeter. 

Speaker specs are 4 Ohms, 40W Nominal, 70W.

If anyone has any idea where I could a tweeter with those dimensions I would be insanely grateful!

Thanks guys!

maxresdefault.jpg

That is indeed a dome tweeter. 

One place to look would be CPC. I've had luck finding speaker parts there before. 

Other than eBay or AliExpress (yeah, it will ship from China, but still) might be your best bet.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

2 hours ago, Volbet said:

That is indeed a dome tweeter. 

One place to look would be CPC. I've had luck finding speaker parts there before. 

Other than eBay or AliExpress (yeah, it will ship from China, but still) might be your best bet.

Thanks for the suggestion! CPC seem to only have 1 single 4 Ohm Tweeter and I read that you can not combine 4 Ohm and 8 Ohm Drivers?

AliExpress doesn't seem to have any in the right dimension and a lot of the time doesn't even include the dimensions which makes it really painful to look through.

Finally eBay is eBay, endless :D
I haven't found anything yet but I'll keep looking. Wasn't aware that a good pair of these speakers sets you back 120£....

Thanks for the help nonetheless!

3 minutes ago, Cheesus182 said:

Thanks for the suggestion! CPC seem to only have 1 single 4 Ohm Tweeter and I read that you can not combine 4 Ohm and 8 Ohm Drivers?

Technically speaking you can mix impendences, but the result will not be satisfactory. 

Also, and don't know how I forgot this, check Thomann. They are a weird mix of professional and consumer gear, but you might be able to find something. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes