Bad battlefield 1 performance on GTX 1080 oc

ericb0207

I am running a GTX 1080 oc with core clock around 2.07ghz and a i5-4690k@4.3ghz. I haven't gotten around to buying a new CPU but the i5-4690k still run games great today and (from what I've experienced in other games) doesn't bottleneck my GPU.

Im playing with a 1080p 144hz monitor and ALL games run great. Except for battlefield 1 for some reason.

When running with all settings at max & 1080p (DX11) i get around 60-70fps with constant drops/ down to 40-ish fps and stutters. I've looked at multiple bf1 benchmarks and my system should atleast reach 100fps without dropping down 40fps.

Also when using the ingame resolution scaler there is almost no difference in performance when using 200% scaling and 100% (native res) so it seems like my cpu is somehow bottlenecking horribly or something like that

When playing I make sure that my cpu is free from additional tasks with task manager (4-10% utilization idle). In other frostbite based games I also get great performance with battlefield 4 running around 110fps most of the time. I also ran cinebench 15 and got a score of 614 so my cpu should be fine. Temps are also good with prime95 generating around 76c and no throtteling. My GPU is also completly stable with furmark only generating up to 80c (no throtteling)

I've lowered ingame settings, disabled all my anti virus, reinstalled the game multiple times, tried running it on a HDD and SSD, resetting my motherboard to defaults (incase my overclock is messing something up) and reinstalled gpu drivers multiple times. Nothing works.

Thanks for the help! Also sorry for crappy grammar or spelling.

614 Cinebench isn't that strong of a score to be completely honest. It might just be the CPU choking the 1080's performance.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Well the usage IS very high at around 80-90% during battlefield 1. It does seem like cpu bottlenecking :(. I launched a singleplayer map and my fps was way higher at around 110 fps. In singleplayer the cpu is used much less so yeah.

Sad to see the 4th gen cpus already starting to show their age.

i7-9700k (or whatever it's gonna be) here i come!