Questions regarding custom loop in a Enthoo Primo.

I'll cut to the chase right off the bat:

• About to order custom loop as well as the Primo
  • Motherboard is an Asrock Z77 Extreme 6
  • Phanteks mentions this in regards to GPU length compatibility Here under FAQ

How much clearance for GPU(s)?

-Without Cover

1. Maximum 2 x VGAs (10.5"/266.7mm) and 60mm max diameter reservoir installed.**
PCI-E x16 must be available at first and third slots of the motherboard. 
Please click here for motherboard compatiblity list.

They also attached this 

FAQ8-2.png

Now I only have a single graphics card which is going to be on air but why does phanteks specify that the 16x slot must be available on the first and third slots? On my motherboard I have a 16x on the second slot and another 16x wired for 8x all the way down at slot 5. Phanteks for this reason doesn't list my motherboard on the compatible list, but is this something I should really be worried about?

In addition, GPU length is 10.7 inches (fml) when the limit says it's 10.5 and the XSPC Photon res which I was very keen to use I believe is 75mm wide. I guess I could change the res but I'd have to mod the side bracket to cut into the section to accommodate the 0.2 inch difference. I guess my real question is is mounting the GPU in the second PCI-E slot incompatible for some reason that I've missed? And is there a nice tube res that would have to be >60mm that would fit or any other suggestions altogether to get around this problem.

Thank you for your time,

Regards, Melt My GPU.

"If you have a dream don't wait. Act."

~Axel, Kingdom Hearts II

Now I only have a single graphics card which is going to be on air but why does phanteks specify that the 16x slot must be available on the first and third slots? On my motherboard I have a 16x on the second slot and another 16x wired for 8x all the way down at slot 5. Phanteks for this reason doesn't list my motherboard on the compatible list, but is this something I should really be worried about?

In addition, GPU length is 10.7 inches (fml) when the limit says it's 10.5 and the XSPC Photon res which I was very keen to use I believe is 75mm wide. I guess I could change the res but I'd have to mod the side bracket to cut into the section to accommodate the 0.2 inch difference. I guess my real question is is mounting the GPU in the second PCI-E slot incompatible for some reason that I've missed? And is there a nice tube res that would have to be >60mm that would fit or any other suggestions altogether to get around this problem.

Thank you for your time,

Regards, Melt My GPU.

the issue comes about when using the cable shield/reservoir bracket mainly. next

is the location of a reservoir larger than 60mm diameter and availability to mount

it without interfering with the GPU over 10.5". the photon is 85mm diameter, thus

cutting into your GPU area. your 60mm reservoirs are the x2/3, Koolance, Bitspower,

Phobya tubes. then if using the HDD bays in rearward location, can also cut into

your GPU length.

might be able to describe and answer some water cooling question on the Primo.

i was looking deeply into this case and like the corsair 750D, think it missed some

key elements, but can be modded to make it your own (if you have the patience)

your 60mm reservoirs are the x2/3, Koolance, Bitspower,

Phobya tubes. then if using the HDD bays in rearward location, can also cut into

your GPU length.

So are you suggesting that a 60mm res will still fit? If so actually could you recommend a tube res that has multiple G1/4 threads on the top so one can be for fill and another for return because as this'll be a cpu only loop for now if I use a right angle fitting on top to the cpu block it'll save me a goofy looking run all the way down to the bottom.

i was looking deeply into this case and like the corsair 750D, think it missed some

key elements, but can be modded to make it your own (if you have the patience)

Well patience is one thing but skill is another. Only mods I'd consider doing are very minor/simple to do ones but if there are such mods that could make a massive difference then by all means I'm all ears. Regardless thank you for your help, I've skimped through the first video a while back but I'll go through it again for a refresher. Haven't seen the second one though.

~Axel, Kingdom Hearts II

So are you suggesting that a 60mm res will still fit? If so actually could you recommend a tube res that has multiple G1/4 threads on the top so one can be for fill and another for return because as this'll be a cpu only loop for now if I use a right angle fitting on top to the cpu block it'll save me a goofy looking run all the way down to the bottom.

Well patience is one thing but skill is another. Only mods I'd consider doing are very minor/simple to do ones but if there are such mods that could make a massive difference then by all means I'm all ears. Regardless thank you for your help, I've skimped through the first video a while back but I'll go through it again for a refresher. Haven't seen the second one though.

really need to watch them as they do go into depth on the what/where/why/why not.

any of the above mentioned have 60mm tube res with G1/4" fitting taps.

BP-WTZM150P-BK_01.jpg

Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 - POM for example

really need to watch them as they do go into depth on the what/where/why/why not.

Yeah I watched nearly all of it but my main focus was where they were talking about the res plate and mounting options. Not sure if you'd know why but what is the purpose of the tube grommet being behind the res mounting plate. Or should I just ditch it in general, and go for something like this guy did.

350x700px-LL-c44ba03a_SDC11251.jpeg

reallyany of the above mentioned have 60mm tube res with G1/4" fitting taps.

BP-WTZM150P-BK_01.jpg

Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 150 - POM for example

The vendor that I was planning to get my stuff from sells the bitspower tap ones with coloured tubes *sigh* But that looks really nice I'll see if I can find it locally before ordering internationally. 

~Axel, Kingdom Hearts II