I have no idea what is this part and what to do with it?!

I have found an old pc part and i cant get my head around what is it for or even in what forum to ask for help. So please tell me what is it or what this thingy do. 

IMG_20180714_205128.jpg

IMG_20180714_205118.jpg

Looks like a SCSI terminator to me.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Looks like a SCSI terminator to me.

Na, SCSI terminators have pins.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Sooo what is it? :D

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Not for serial SCSI used in old printers and scanners (I think, it's been a long time since I used SCSI so maybe I'm wrong?)

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, edgars19969 said:

Sooo what is it? :D

It's not RAMBUS blank module.

But I do what exactly what it is....

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

In the days of WinNT 4.0, you could have dual CPUs, but only at install time.

So if you had a server motherboard with two slots, but only 1 CPU at the time, you would install that device (A dummy CPU) into the spare slot, and fool WinNT 4.0 into thinking you had twin CPUs, then later, you'd pull the dummy card out and insert the real (matching, of course) CPU into the slot and WinNT would then take advantage of the second CPU without a re-install

14 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

In the days of WinNT 4.0, you could have dual CPUs, but only at install time.

So if you had a server motherboard with two slots, but only 1 CPU at the time, you would install that device (A dummy CPU) into the spare slot, and fool WinNT 4.0 into thinking you had twin CPUs, then later, you'd pull the dummy card out and insert the real (matching, of course) CPU into the slot and WinNT would then take advantage of the second CPU without a re-install

fly away captain!