Ryzen 7 game build

Go to solution Solved by brob,

I'd suggest a single M.2 NVMe ssd for system and data with an hdd for archives and backup.

The cost differential between DDR4-2400 and DDR4-3000 is not that great, spend the US$10.

1000W psu is a poor allocation of resources. An 850W psu is more than enough to comfortably handle a dual gpu system.

Consider getting a motherboard with WiFi. 

Windows 10 OEM license does not permit use in a DIY build. One is supposed to get a retail version.

The case comes with 3 LED fans. There really isn't a need for two additional RGB fans.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor  ($309.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($240.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($154.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP - EX920 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($289.49 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K3000 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: DIYPC - DIY-TG8-BW ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.87 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Optical Drive: LG - WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit  ($103.95 @ Trusted Tech Team) 
Total: $1364.25
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-14 14:26 EDT-0400

.Building a gaming machine to play games in 4k, I already have a geforce 1080 and the monitor, just my current set up the cpu isn't keeping up, I also not going to overclock or watercool, I also plan on getting a second card and do two way sli, my monitour is 32 inch 4k 60fps

This is my build so far

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPc38Y

I wont need high speed ram because the speed and fps per cost are negilitable

The two m.2 is one for boot and drives, the other is Steam drive and programs that are load intensive, also if I want to play skyrim or any future g as ne that wants to load places every 30 steps in a town, the hdd is for back up, music, photos and other junk

The 1000 watt power converter  is because of power curve along with the future plan for 2 way sli

The blu/dvd/CD is because I like to own cds and might want to watch movies as well

The wireless plug in is because my computer is not going to be in the same room and my internet speed wireless or Lan turns out to be the same speed around 80/20 mbps

And the two additional fans just for glow and additional cooling if it needs it during long game plays

Still want to keep it under $1400 for 4k and VR, so plan on doing play recordings so I can show people my luck in finding glitches in games

I'd suggest a single M.2 NVMe ssd for system and data with an hdd for archives and backup.

The cost differential between DDR4-2400 and DDR4-3000 is not that great, spend the US$10.

1000W psu is a poor allocation of resources. An 850W psu is more than enough to comfortably handle a dual gpu system.

Consider getting a motherboard with WiFi. 

Windows 10 OEM license does not permit use in a DIY build. One is supposed to get a retail version.

The case comes with 3 LED fans. There really isn't a need for two additional RGB fans.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz 8-Core Processor  ($309.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Asus - ROG Crosshair VII Hero (Wi-Fi) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($240.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($154.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP - EX920 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($289.49 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K3000 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: DIYPC - DIY-TG8-BW ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.87 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Optical Drive: LG - WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer  ($49.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home Full - USB 32/64-bit  ($103.95 @ Trusted Tech Team) 
Total: $1364.25
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-14 14:26 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

My thought with the dual m.2 is because of the limited read write life of a ssd and how games love to save and update and windows wanting to update anytime you want to do anything would make them last longer

I will bring i

The ram up for 10 and the psi down to 850 

The window was just a cost of system filler because that was the only thing showing up for me

The fans was for show which is why they are cheap low power but still silent to have light above that has function

I looked at price cost for wifi and not wifi is around 30 plus vs the 23 for the usb wifi and is usb 3.0 and my internet speed caps at 100mbs so no where near max 5g wireless speeds

I wouldn't worry about ssd lifetime. The HP Ex920 1TB unit has an estimated endurance of 300 TB written. 

I'm not a fan of usb WiFi sticks.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

for the 1TB SSD going with this option decreases cost and increases SSD quality: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4Qw7YJ/crucial-mx500-1tb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-ct1000mx500ssd4

Also going with this for thermal paste results in greater cooling: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/XHqbt6/thermal-grizzly-kryonaut-1g-1g-thermal-paste-tg-k-001-rs

Finally a cpu cooler: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/93Crxr/cryorig-cpu-cooler-h7

Rawr.