Don't use tools, tighten fittings by hand they said

Artem

So I did lol

Posted Image

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

What fittings are they?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

What fittings are they?

Just compression. My fear of springing a leak got to me lol

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)

Just compression. My fear of springing a leak got to me lol

Over tightening can cause pinching in the o-ring which can cause a leak. Also debris in between the o-ring and the block is the cause of leaks, rather than under tightening.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Over tightening can cause pinching in the o-ring which can cause a leak. Also debris in between the o-ring and the block is the cause of leaks, rather than under tightening.

I understand, but I doubt I pinched the o ring tightening them with my fingers lol. I just thought, since I'm. It using tools, might as well go ham with my fingers lol

Ah my fingers have had similar wear and tear from all the bitspower fittings.

Yup, love me some bitspower compressions, but the knurling on them is better than the barbells at my gym lol

Wrap a rubber band around the fitting before tightening,saves your fingers and adds grip.

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

lol I have had calluses on 4 fingers for about 5 weeks now as I am finishing up my build. If only I had just stuck with Monsoon when I had the chance!

When I rebuild my pc in the Test Bench I am getting, then I will be going back to Monsoon's as they are just so much easier to work with and also look 10 times better.

Core I7 3930K 4.6ghz, Rampage IV Extreme, 16GB Corsair Vengance 1600mhz, GTX 780Ti SLI, Corsair Force 3 240Gb SSD, Asus Xonar DX, Killer Xeno Pro, Phobya Easy Bench V3, Phobya Extreme Nova 1080

Monsoon has a really limited range of fittings and that's what keeps me with bitspower.

What do you mean by limited range?

They have 4 sizes of compression in 10 colours in each free centre fitting.  That's a choice of 40. You also have thier whole line of chain gun fittings and also not you can attach a hardline barb to every single one of their fittings. That's a lot of choice.

They have 4 sizes of compression in 10 colours in each free centre fitting. That's a choice of 40. You also have thier whole line of chain gun fittings and also not you can attach a hardline barb to every single one of their fittings. That's a lot of choice.

He probably means that they don't have the dual and triple rotary fittings that bitspower has. And in my opinion, their 90 and 45 degree adapters are too bulky and ugly.

They have 4 sizes of compression in 10 colours in each free centre fitting.  That's a choice of 40. You also have thier whole line of chain gun fittings and also not you can attach a hardline barb to every single one of their fittings. That's a lot of choice.

Ya, what Artem said. Not the colors, I think that's pretty great actually, but in the types of fittings available. I have used rotary male-male/male-female/female-female fittings, 50mm extenders, quick disconnects (Koolance though), dual and triple rotary adapters and compression fittings that I find very useful.