Somebody help

SHG_Marsh

So I was playing fortnite just trying to teir up when the game freezes and then eventually crashes. I thought ok just a game crashing it could be anything. Then When I re-loaded up fortnite and got into a game the screen froze again then my monitor showed a no signal message and then restarted and I couldn't see my cursor. So wheat happened? Should I be concerned?

Oh and i was recording a video using Radeon Relive when the first crash happened.

So I am assuming you have restarted your pc since it froze. What is it doing now? Does it run or are you still having issues

2 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

So I am assuming you have restarted your pc since it froze. What is it doing now? Does it run or are you still having issues

I am watching youtube and web browsing but when I open up a game it just freezes after a couple minutes.

2 minutes ago, LukzForEver said:

Do you have dynamic resolution on? 

I don't know how do I check?

1 minute ago, LukzForEver said:

Do you have nvidia or amd? 

How much gb of ram

I have an AMD Radeon RX 560 4 gb and 8 gb of ddr4 

1 minute ago, SHG_Marsh said:

I am watching youtube and web browsing but when I open up a game it just freezes after a couple minutes.

Do you have any other games you can test out and see if it freezes?

If you are still getting freezes in other games, the first thing I would do is check my temps. If your temps are fine, then I would try wiping and redownloading your graphics drivers. From there I would perform a ram test.

If other games are NOT having the issue then I would try running a file verification on your game (or whatever it is called for fortnite) to make sure none of the game files are corrupt.

It could even be something like a power issue, but without knowing more about your system I cannot speak as to that.

If you have 8gb of ram close everything in backround that you dont use

1 minute ago, LukzForEver said:

If you have 8gb of ram close everything in backround that you dont use

All I had open was google chrome with twitter open and fortnite

27 minutes ago, SHG_Marsh said:

All I had open was google chrome with twitter open and fortnite

Chrome uses alot of ram

I just updated my drivers (Deleted the new ones and re downloaded them) Then I opened up AMD Link on my phone to track my performance. In fortnite everything seemed fine but my GPU Usage was 100% before crashing then it stayed at 100% until I shut down my computer. Then when I rebooted my computer I opened up a game called warface and I had the same numbers. 50% ram usage, 100% GPU usage and 50c for gpu temp and 54c for my CPU Temp. But in Warface it never crashed. It didn't even lag or anything. So I am beginning to think it might be fortnite because i can browse the internet fine and i can play other games fine. So should I re-download fortnite?

Why is your gpu on 100% load? Try downloading msi afterburner and looking at temps

7 minutes ago, LukzForEver said:

Why is your gpu on 100% load? Try downloading msi afterburner and looking at temps

The temp for idle is 53c (Same as in AMD Link) and under load it is 56c (Just like AMD Link) I don't know why it is at 100%. maybe that is the reason why it is crashing. because the Vram is barely getting used, only 10%

1 hour ago, LukzForEver said:

My guess is this. First off 100% usage isn't bad when gaming. When he is seeing the crash chances are the game or some portion of it is still running or stuck in the vram on the gpu causing it to keep pushing high usage until it can recover.

Now since you are not having issues in the other game I would think your problems are going to be with fortnite and something you can probably resolve by running a game file check or deleting and reinstalling the game. You might also consider going to the fortnite forums and seeing if others are having the issue and what they have done to resolve it.

1 hour ago, AngryBeaver said:

My guess is this. First off 100% usage isn't bad when gaming. When he is seeing the crash chances are the game or some portion of it is still running or stuck in the vram on the gpu causing it to keep pushing high usage until it can recover.

Now since you are not having issues in the other game I would think your problems are going to be with fortnite and something you can probably resolve by running a game file check or deleting and reinstalling the game. You might also consider going to the fortnite forums and seeing if others are having the issue and what they have done to resolve it.

thanks!