PC won't start!

a8w

Well the fans of my pc do a quarter turn and turn off if I hold down the power button they will do the same thing over and over again. Any help? Watch the video below to see what happens.

specs: 

GPU: AMD Radeon HD6900 Series

CPU: AMD Phenom ii x4 965 clocked at 4.4ghz with water-cooling*

RAM: 8gb DDR3

https://youtu.be/b3S1Csve8yY

Check all the power connectors on your motherboard/ graphics card and make sure theyre fully inserted

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Might be a power issue.

If the issue was related to hardware like CPU, GPU or memory, it should boot and at least give you some beeps indicating the issue.

Seems to me like the MB is either fried or not getting enough power.

1 minute ago, WickedStarfish said:

looks like the PSU isn't functioning properly (fan isn't spinning at all)

Any way I can fix this?

1 minute ago, Helmer said:

Might be a power issue.

If the issue was related to hardware like CPU, GPU or memory, it should boot and at least give you some beeps indicating the issue.

Seems to me like the MB is either fried or not getting enough power.

Is there a fix? I've fixed it before about a year ago but I don't remember what I did!

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Check all the power connectors on your motherboard/ graphics card and make sure theyre fully inserted

Have done so multiple times today. Nothing seems to work!

1 minute ago, a8w said:

Is there a fix? I've fixed it before about a year ago but I don't remember what I did!

Try a new PSU

2 minutes ago, a8w said:

Any way I can fix this?

buying a new psu would be the only fix unless there is a repair shop that can fix it cheaply (my PSU cost like $60 and it was to replace the broken one in my computer a year ago) if you watch the video you can see the fans in the psu move only slightly and then stop (a lot less than everywhere else) although it could be connections thats the issue, triple check them and if they are all properly connected than a new psu it would be

2 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

buying a new psu would be the only fix unless there is a repair shop that can fix it cheaply (my PSU cost like $60 and it was to replace the broken one in my computer a year ago) if you watch the video you can see the fans in the psu move only slightly and then stop (a lot less than everywhere else) although it could be connections thats the issue, triple check them and if they are all properly connected than a new psu it would be

Well it was he exact same as a year ago when the PSU fan barely moved but the rest of the fans moved a little bit. I don't remember what I did but I somehow fixed it and it worked for a year atleast. Has been unplugged for a month or two now. 

1 minute ago, a8w said:

Well it was he exact same as a year ago when the PSU fan barely moved but the rest of the fans moved a little bit. I don't remember what I did but I somehow fixed it and it worked for a year atleast. Has been unplugged for a month or two now. 

maybe there is a buildup of dust in the PSU that is stopping movement

5 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

maybe there is a buildup of dust in the PSU that is stopping movement

not sure what to do right now. Like I have no idea. I'll check to see if that's the case which I don't think it is, but if there is a buildup of dust wouldn't that only stop the fan? Not the whole system?

1 minute ago, a8w said:

not sure what to do right now. Like I have no idea. I'll check to see if that's the case which I don't think it is, but if there is a buildup of dust wouldn't that only stop the fan? Not the whole system?

if the fan refuses to work the psu wouldn't register the cooling therefore it would top sending power through to stop overheating/fires, at least that's my understanding 

1 minute ago, WickedStarfish said:

if the fan refuses to work the psu wouldn't register the cooling therefore it would top sending power through to stop overheating/fires, at least that's my understanding 

Oh ok, thanks for clearing things. I'll see if I can fix it really quick and if I can't I'll get back to you!

1 minute ago, a8w said:

Oh ok, thanks for clearing things. I'll see if I can fix it really quick and if I can't I'll get back to you!

ok, ill leave my browser open

3 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

ok, ill leave my browser open

Ok, I found my air canister but now im wondering what's the easiest way to clean it? Taking it out? Or leaving it in and shooting through the top of the PSU.

i would just shoot through the top of the psu but it would be best to take it apart and clean it properly, depends on how much time you have to spare

i would just shoot through the top of the psu but it would be best to take it apart and clean it properly, depends on how much time you have to spare

I've got a ton of time I've never taken one apart so I should probably figure out how first?

yeah neither have i haha personally i wouldn't go to the effort of taking it apart as the PSU is one of the cheaper components to replace

9 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

yeah neither have i haha personally i wouldn't go to the effort of taking it apart as the PSU is one of the cheaper components to replace

Ok well you can go to sleep now, if I need you I will tag you again. Sleep well man.

1 minute ago, a8w said:

Ok well you can go to sleep now, if I need you I will tag you again. Sleep well man.

i won't be sleeping for a while yet - its only 4pm for me and usually im up till after midnight :)

i won't be sleeping for a while yet - its only 4pm for me and usually im up till after midnight :)

Oh wow, it's 1:30am for me.

1 minute ago, a8w said:

Oh wow, it's 1:30am for me.

well you sleep well, when you finally decide to sleep haha

2 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

well you sleep well, when you finally decide to sleep haha

just really torn about this, I don't wanna buy a new PSU for a slower system..

2 minutes ago, a8w said:

just really torn about this, I don't wanna buy a new PSU for a slower system..

what would the computer be used for?

what are the specs of the pc?

and what part of the world are you in (better handle on the cost of things)