Impossible problem - computer shuts down

w13

Good day, my computer in middle of work shuts down (instantly completely power down, then starts again). I already tryed many tests (all of them are down here) and i just lost ideas, where problem can be. I rebuilded computer many times and problem is still standing.

First build:
cpu: intel i7 5820k - never overclocked

gpu: nvidia gtx 750ti

motherboard - Gigabyte x99-ud3

ram: 8GB ddr4

harddiscs: ssd 120 GB kingston, 1TB WD

PSU: cx850m corsair

after 3 months of using computer at home started shutting problem once a week (mostly while playing games), but computer just restarted and i ignored it

computer was reinstaled several times, but problem still remains, even with linux OS

2 years after i took computer into my work, there computer was very unstable and was restarting every 10 minutes. I was thinking that PSU broke while transport and bought new one, but problem remaind still after replacing.

I lost every hope, but when i bringed computer back home, there were no restarts (just that one every week)

after those events i bought m2 WD 250GP hdd, and reinstaled system again - problems remain

2 months later i bought Nvidia gtx 1080, after instalation was everithing perfect, but when i start Game (tom clancis rainbow six siege) at ultra details, computer immediately crashed after loading first 3D frame. Computer from now crashes on every game runnng at ultra and sometimes at medium (5 times per day)

after returning to 750ti computer runs on his own old 1 crash per week

then i bought new motherboard (MSI x99a raider), and instaled it with gtx 1080. But problem still remained, but computer didnt crashed every time when running on ultra, but just sometimes.

Then i bringed my computer to friends PC to test my components there.

I put GTX 1080 in his computer - no crash while playing game

I replaced his ram inside his computer with my - no crash while playing game

I then put my PSU into his computer - no crash while playing game

Then we put my computer back together and put his PSU into my computer (PSU was 750W and worked perfectly with his i7 and GTX970) - started game on ultra - CRASH

At home i tryed then several other things:

Setup temp logger to everything (motherboard, GPU, CPU), but no temperature was critical on crash

Run CPU stress tests - ORTHOS, OCCTPT, Prime95 - every for 12 hours - no crash when testing

Run mem test - no crash when testing

disconecetd every connection of motherboard to case (buttons, diods, front audio, all usb 2.0 and 3.0), started computer with screwdriver - after game start CRASH

disconected all case fans - after game start CRASH

disconected CPU fan (i know, risky move) - after game start CRASH (cpu got to 60 degrees only).

I replaced many times thermal paste on CPU when repairing.

After this i lost all ideas, where problem can be. For me it seems like computer was cursed, or problem is broken CPU (only component, which i couldn't test, because i have no 2011-v3 socket procesor ant can't afford it now), but IT was tested with stress tests.

Have ANYONE ANY idea?

Thank you for your time reading this.

UPDATE: i'm already prepeared to buy a new PC, because in this must be devil himself...

UPDATE2: Already find way to imadiately crash computer, and thats OCCT in power suply test mode, but i replaced PSU 2 times and its without change :-/

it doesnt sound like cpu, psu, video card. So bad motherboard I guess?

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

1 minute ago, AntiTrust said:

it doesnt sound like cpu, psu, video card. So bad motherboard I guess?

i was replaced by another one: 

- then i bought new motherboard (MSI x99a raider), and instaled it with gtx 1080. But problem still remained, but computer didnt crashed every time when running on ultra, but just sometimes.

i would be unlucky and got 2 bad motherboards... :-/

Were your nVidia drivers up to date?

'IM THE VIDEO GAME BOY, IM THE ONE WHO WINS' - Arin Hanson

1 minute ago, w13 said:

i was replaced by another one: 

- then i bought new motherboard (MSI x99a raider), and instaled it with gtx 1080. But problem still remained, but computer didnt crashed every time when running on ultra, but just sometimes.

i would be unlucky and got 2 bad motherboards... :-/

I missed that 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

the only thing in your setup that you didn't test or replace is the cpu

1 minute ago, FunkmastaFlex said:

Were your nVidia drivers up to date?

yes, i got autoupdater through geforce experience, but problem was there whole 2 years with up to date drivers :-/

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

the only thing in your setup that you didn't test or replace is the cpu

- Run CPU stress tests - ORTHOS, OCCTPT, Prime95 - every for 12 hours - no crash when testing

yes, but it went through all stress tests running on 100% of power and didnt crashed. Whike plaing game, percentage goes maximum to 50% and computer crashes after first few rendered frames (in main menu, where cpu does not do much)

well something is interupting the power to the system. if you replaced the motherboard , then it's something connected to the board like the ram , gpu , or power supply.

i know you tested these in your friends machine , but if his machine doesn't pull the same power or is a totally different setup from yours then there were too many variable to make those a successful test.

have you checked to make sure there is not any debris in your case or on your motherboard shorting some traces? there could be a random power malfunction. also, make sure the PC is getting adequate power delivery from the wall itself, not every wall outlet can handle a beast like yours.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

not every wall outlet can handle a beast like yours.

a toaster pulls more from the wall than his pc lol

5 minutes ago, emosun said:

a toaster pulls more from the wall than his pc lol

idk maybe he cant afford a toaster with how much he spent on his pc.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

53 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

idk maybe he cant afford a toaster with how much he spent on his pc.

just pluged a toaster (750w) next to my pc, toaster runs, but problem not solved

59 minutes ago, emosun said:

well something is interupting the power to the system. if you replaced the motherboard , then it's something connected to the board like the ram , gpu , or power supply.

i know you tested these in your friends machine , but if his machine doesn't pull the same power or is a totally different setup from yours then there were too many variable to make those a successful test.

can u say some examples of thouse variables and how to test them, I'm realy hopeless :-/

1 hour ago, Creekwater X said:

Download a program called realtemp and check the thermals if you can get there before it shuts down, curious if its a heating issue.. Did you use enough thermal paste?

Already did: Setup temp logger to everything (motherboard, GPU, CPU), but no temperature was critical on crash

Already find way to imadiately crash computer, and thats OCCT in power suply test mode, but i replaced PSU 2 times and its without change :-/

• 1 month later...

I gave up, i will leave this computer and will buy another one, it's probably cursed...