Air and Loquid coolers for TR4 that cover the whole die?

asim1999

Hey all, 

‘I am thinking of upgrading to an AMD 1950X for the final 3 years of my CS degree as my current PC has died. 

‘I was wondering if there were any liquid or air coolers designed for TR4 that covered the whole die?

Thwnks

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I have a 1950x clocked at 4.0Ghz. I use an enermax tr4 240. It stays relatively cool. It also covers the the entire ihs. I'd also recommend the 360.

36 minutes ago, Schildkrote said:

I have a 1950x clocked at 4.0Ghz. I use an enermax tr4 240. It stays relatively cool. It also covers the the entire ihs. I'd also recommend the 360.

What’s the fan noise like as i might go with the 360 as my case supports it

what temps do you get exactly?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

18 hours ago, asim1999 said:

What’s the fan noise like as i might go with the 360 as my case supports it

what temps do you get exactly?

The fan noise is not that bad at all, all though Id recommend silent wings 3 as they are the quietest fans I have ever used. And they work just as well as the stock fans. At 4.0GHz and 1.38v, max temps are about 80c, and that is only on the 240.

TR4 coolers tend to include TR4 in the title. 

What case are you using? The NH-U14S TR4 is an excellent option.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.