[SUGGESTIONS] Redragon K552 RGB or E-element K77 RGB

Hey guys,
I have been breaking my head for last 2 weeks about which keyboard to buy. 
Though both the keyboards have same keycaps, same switches. My decision is leaning towards Redragon K552 kumara RGB. 

But only confusion I have now if the switches on Redragon are replaceable ( not soldered to the board ). Because Keys on the e-element can be removed without having to de-solder and solder again.

Would really appreciate helpful advise. 

i'd say the Red Dragon doesn't have replaceable switches. It doesn't explicitly mention the same anywhere.

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

2 hours ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

i'd say the Red Dragon doesn't have replaceable switches. It doesn't explicitly mention the same anywhere.

E-element does have that right. Though I did saw in some video that switches are replaceable not sure which one :/

1 hour ago, NischalMasand said:

E-element does have that right. Though I did saw in some video that switches are replaceable not sure which one :/

Which video was it?

5 hours ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

Which video was it?

Thats what I don't remember now and I have watched 60+ videos. Can't find that.
What are your thoughts about e-element k77 RGB. They have switchable switches. 

I can't find the k77 listing somehow o_O; There is a z77 however. The e-Elements keyboard has removable key switches for only 5 more dollars, and uses Outemu Blue switches just like the K552. Outemu Blue is supposed to be a cherry green clone, and I myself am using the K551, the full size non RGB variant of the K552 that also has Outemu Blue switches.

However,

The K552 switches use Cherry MX stems, therefore the K552 keycaps can be replaced with any Cherry MX compatible keycap set. Not the same Case with the Z77 RGB variant, they use different stems, so be mindful of that in case you want a new set of key caps.

Edited by AmbarChakrabarti
Updated Info

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2018 at 3:56 PM, AmbarChakrabarti said:

I can't find the k77 listing somehow o_O; There is a z77 however. The e-Elements keyboard has removable key switches for only 5 more dollars, and uses Outemu Blue switches just like the K552. Outemu Blue is supposed to be a cherry green clone, and I myself am using the K551, the full size non RGB variant of the K552 that also has Outemu Blue switches.

However,

The K552 switches use Cherry MX stems, therefore the K552 keycaps can be replaced with any Cherry MX compatible keycap set. Not the same Case with the Z77 RGB variant, they use different stems, so be mindful of that in case you want a new set of key caps.

Bought the redragon 552 kumara RGB. Love the keyboard. It is my first mechanical keyboard so there is nothing to compare my experience with. So its great I guess. 
As far as the hot swap switches go. It says "DIY" switches so I am assuming it has hot swap. Wont check it for alteast an year when I want to change those :P

On 8/6/2018 at 7:11 AM, NischalMasand said:

Bought the redragon 552 kumara RGB. Love the keyboard. It is my first mechanical keyboard so there is nothing to compare my experience with. So its great I guess. 
As far as the hot swap switches go. It says "DIY" switches so I am assuming it has hot swap. Wont check it for alteast an year when I want to change those :P

DIY switches for?

and I believe the k552 has double shot keycaps, which is quite high quality?