Changing RGB Light Color

Dragonuser2000

So I've gotten the computer to run and seems to be operating fine except for the bit of noise which I haven't figured out where it was coming from yet. I have a msi x470 gaming plus mobo and some rgb fans that came with the case. I've connected the fans to the rgb header and they are operating. However, I haven't had any luck on changing the color of the fan. I've been able to turn it on and off with the Mystic Light app but not the color. Any help would be appreciated thanks. 

• 1 month later...

Hey. I know it's been a while but I'm having almost the same issue and I don't want to throw another thread at it. ^_^

Here is a shortage of the situation :

• I've upgraded the case-fans with 3 Enermax TB RGB (and their controller)
  • I'm operating on a MSI Z370 SLI PLUS, MSI Mystic Light compatible
  • I have plugged the Enermax's controller to the M/B RGB 4-pins correctly and everything works fine ... but :

I'm having troubles with the MSI Mystic Light software which doesn't discover the fans. When I set those fans to the "M/B" option with the included IR Remote they synchronize perfectly with the light-effect, but the color stays with a strong (and ugly imo) green, no matter what I do.

It seems the fans' light-effect is considered as part of the mobo, but the colors stays independant.

The only workaround I found is to focus on the remote-controlled colors and forget about the light-effects, which is a shame because the fans are advertised as MSI Mystic Light compatible. If somebody has experienced this issue or something similar and found a workaround or even a fix, I'll be pleased to hear about you :x

Thanks ! ^_^

If you dont understand me, make sure to ask me a rephrase. I am not a native speaker and my english isn't perfect.