Msi aero Gtx 1060 warranty

Hello, I own a msi gtx1060 3gb Aero itx.

Last week i was at the local fleemarket and picked up an arctic accelero twin turbo 2. (10 €)

Would it void my warranty if i mount this cooler on the card?

The Gpu was bought in September 2017.

Also would the msi zero frozr feature work with this cooler?

thanks.

MSI's website for this card:

The following circumstances excluded from warranty coverage

Products meeting one or more of the following conditions shall not be eligible for MSI’s warranty service, regardless of whether the limited warranty period has expired or not. MSI may either refuse to provide maintenance services or may require payment of surcharges relating to two way shipping, labor, and parts charges before effectuating repair services:

1. The product or warranty label has been defaced, altered or rendered difficult or impossible to decipher such that the serial number is falsified, missing, or no longer discernible (all serial numbers are recorded and tracked for warranty purposes);
  2. Any addition, alteration, installation, modification, removal, or repair of the product, product parts, or product software by any non-MSI authorized third parties;
  3. Any breakdown or damage caused by the use of parts or software not authorized or recommended by MSI;
  4. Any breakdown or damage to the product caused by the improper or abnormal use by the product user, including but not limited to circumstances such as operation error, failure to comply with user manual instructions, improper storage, , and improper usage environment that may result in product exposure to water, excessive moisture, corrosion, physical impact, compression, scratches, high temperature, improper voltage, etc.
  5. Any breakdown or damage caused by natural disasters and human calamities such as earthquakes, fires, thunder, faulty power grid, and other environmental factors;
  6. Product associated internal or consumable items such as boxes, battery, earphones, and user manuals are not covered by warranty

The warranty is only 12 months anyway. So if it's older than that it's whatever.

I'd also like to point out that an aftermarket cooler on that card might not make any real difference in performance aside from sound. So keep that in mind.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

2 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

MSI's website for this card:

Warranty Exclusions

1. The following circumstances excluded from warranty coverage
  2. Product damage caused by catastrophes, thunder stroke, faulty electric power and environmental factors.
  3. Defacing of product labeling (label alterations and falsifying, serial number missing, serial number no longer discernible, serial number invalid). All serial numbers are recorded and tracked for warranty purposes
  4. Unauthorized changes of non MSI parts, modifications or alterations , parts removal in or to the products
  5. Damage caused by operator error or operator fails to comply user manual instruction, such as , but not limited to improper storage resulting in product get wet, corrosion, fell off, squeezed or exposed to inadequate temperature/humid environment.
  6. Internal or external consumable items of the product itself such as battery, earphone, etc.
  7. Accessories or packing material such as boxes, user manual, etc.

The warranty is only 12 months anyway. So if it's older than that it's whatever.

I'd also like to point out that an aftermarket cooler on that card might not make any real difference in performance aside from sound. So keep that in mind.

thanks, but i want to feel the ultimate silence while gaming, this is the reasons for the cooler

7 minutes ago, Lappensaurus said:

thanks, but i want to feel the ultimate silence while gaming, this is the reasons for the cooler

Totally understand that. I just like to let people know. I've seen a lot of people swap coolers on that kind of card expecting miracles :P

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.