Help on choosing psu!

Jmds
Go to solution Solved by cjeffcoatjr,

The AX is silent. Like 2dB. The RM is like 1dB. Both are great PSU's. Whichever your heart tells you too.

Edit:

Actually, all Corsair PSu's are quiet. After I posted this is just listened in silence... And couldnt hear my CX600. Maybe my ears are untrained to noise, but go with whatever. As long as its Corsair or Seasonic. 

So after a couple of days of research i've made up my mind and i was going to buy a corsair RM 750w psu ( that costs around 110€).

But now i have a problem... I can get an AX860i for 125€, only 15€ more when they usually cost which is around 210€ or maybe a bit more.

Should i go for it? Is it worth the extra 15€? I don't need all that power now but maybe in the future, don't know yet. I was looking for a quiet system, is the AX alot louder than the RM? I know that the RM fan doesnt start until it reaches 40% load.

Help me out guys ! Thanks alot!!

Go for the AX. It is made of better components.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

The AX is silent. Like 2dB. The RM is like 1dB. Both are great PSU's. Whichever your heart tells you too.

Edit:

Actually, all Corsair PSu's are quiet. After I posted this is just listened in silence... And couldnt hear my CX600. Maybe my ears are untrained to noise, but go with whatever. As long as its Corsair or Seasonic. 

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

See if you can get the ax 760 non I.

I can only get the 860i. A guy that lives near me bought 4 860i to build 4 computers and after all he wants to change for the 1200w ones and he's selling them cause he doesnt need them and doesnt want to deal with all the return policies and stuff.

Go for the AX. It is made of better components.

Edit:

If you're telling me that the AX is made of better components and is only 1dB louder ill go with the AX one! Thanks alot guys!!

If you're telling me that the AX is made of better components and is only 1dB louder ill go with the AX one! Thanks alot guys!!

I picked two small numbers off the top of my head, those numbers are probably exaggerated a lot and not accurate, but I think you get the point.. It isnt noticeable. 

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Edit:

I won't consider all Corsair PSUs great, some like the RM series are inferior to their competitors,

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

I picked two small numbers off the top of my head, those numbers are probably exaggerated a lot and not accurate, but I think you get the point.. It isnt noticeable. 

yy i got the point ahah

Thanks !!

I won't consider all Corsair PSUs great, some like the RM series are inferior to their competitors,

So should i got with the Ax860i or maybe something by seasonic ( or other brand) around the price of the RM 750w ( 110€/150$) ? Mind the fact that the RM is fully modular.