Desktop microphone advice needed

crotach

Hi folks,

I'm looking to improve my voice quality in gaming and I'm currently using the microphone that came with Soundblaster Z card placed on top of my monitor (screen, not a monitor speaker :) )

I need to set the gain and boost almost all the way to the max to be heard, which of course introduces a lot of noise, and it still picks up all the keyboard clicking sounds.

My requirements:

- voice only, I don't plan to record music, don't need real-time monitoring etc

- desktop mounted and unobtrusive. I don't wish to have a microphone in front of my face between me and the screen. I know this works best and it's what podcasters use, but I'd like it out of the way, preferably at the side of the keyboard about 50cm from my face, or above the monitor

- ideally picks up my voice better than it picks up the clicking from the mouse/keyboard

My budget: around 200 euro. I would be a lot happier spending less, ideally around 100. But if you guys think it's impossible to get an improvement by spending 100 euros I can stretch to 200 max.

Apart from that, I have no other preference. It can be 3.5mm, USB or XLR, but in case of XLR the USB-interface would need to fit into my budget and I'm not too hopeful of that. It also adds a layer of complexity that is probably overkill for just having clear voice in games.

And please remember I'm coming from a freebie microphone included with the soundcard that costs 70 euro, I don't need professional studio quality, I just want to be heard clearly :)

Thanks a mil!

Samson Go?

its cheap and sounds fine for gaming  and will attach  to your monitor

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

Thanks, it looks nice and won't break the bank. For some reason black is 50% more expensive than silver :) 

Funny enough reviews mention that the clip won't fit most desktop monitors, that it's meant for laptop monitors. I might give it a go and send it back if it doesn't fit. Samson have another model called Go Mic Connect, which is more expensive and not so well reviewed. I could also plug in Go Mic Direct into the side of the monitor, it looks clunky though :)

I'm also considering this one: 

https://marantzpro.com/products/view/pod-pack-1

Tried the Samson Go Mic, I really like the mic, but unfortunately it's not possible to put this on a desktop monitor, the clip mechanism is way too small. It would only fit a thin laptop screen or a tablet.