Where can i fit 3 Rog Strix 1080TI? Help please

Hi Guys, i need some help with my gpu set up.

I have 2 asus rog strix 1080ti for 3d rendering right now, but i want to put another one in my pc for better times when rendering (im using octane).

So, right now i have the asus crosshair hero 6, so i will need another mobo for the 3 gpu set up. Im thinking about the asus zenith extreme that have 4 slots, but the thing is that the rog strix its so wide that it wouldnt fit in the mobo....What can i do to solve this??

Thanks a lot.

2 options come to mind 1 - get a PCI-E riser cable and vertical mount one but you'd probably need a case with more than one compartment like the corsair carbide 540 but you'd still probably need to make some modifications to the power supply chamber side to house a card or

2 - alternatively you could just liquid cool your strix cards and then they'll all be single-slot (ish) rather than basically triple slot cards pretty sure EK do blocks for the strix cards

either way its going to cost you more than the additional card + mobo

4 minutes ago, DaAan said:

2 options come to mind 1 - get a PCI-E riser cable and vertical mount one but you'd probably need a case with more than one compartment like the corsair carbide 540 but you'd still probably need to make some modifications to the power supply chamber side to house a card or

2 - alternatively you could just liquid cool your strix cards and then they'll all be single-slot (ish) rather than basically triple slot cards pretty sure EK do blocks for the strix cards

or PCI-e extension and have the cards outside of the case

7 minutes ago, DaAan said:

hi¡ thanks for the answer.

Right now i have a thermaltake 71 case, do you think i will need a bigger one? i think this is one of the biggest right?

Im not so comfy about watercooling the rog strix (i know theres some videos about dissambling it for the ek blocks but im so scared to mess it up), so i will prefer to not using them and go with the air cooler ones.

A bigger case would be the easier and safer option.

hi.

36 minutes ago, dosquatsbro said:

hi¡ thanks for the answer.

Right now i have a thermaltake 71 case, do you think i will need a bigger one? i think this is one of the biggest right?

Im not so comfy about watercooling the rog strix (i know theres some videos about dissambling it for the ek blocks but im so scared to mess it up), so i will prefer to not using them and go with the air cooler ones.

I've got the View 71 as well. just got the strix Vega card too. I believe water-cooling would be your best bet to fit it all 3 in the case. depending on your Mobo you should be able to fit them on water. 

the view 91 is out there but doesn't really offer extra mounting points, just more storage space.

The strix waterblocks take it to a 2slot card not 1slot. This is because they have DVI connectors that stick out. The cards without dvi can goto 1slot on water.

i honestly think you’re using the wrong cards for a triple air setup as they’re simply too big to fit in more or less anything.