Windows 7 + 10 dual boot (question)

Hello to everyone :)

In October start my second year of College so I thought it would be good to organize my computer. 
I've got Windows 10 preinstalled on my PC and I would like to install Windows 7 (and access it through dual boot). Windows 10 is for College and 7 is for everything else.

Now I've been able to install Windows 7 and I been able to configure it and it works normal. But I have a question about license key.
Can I use my Windows 10 license key or I need to have Windows 7 license key.

Sorry If this sound n00b but really I don't know how dual boot works. If someone can share some light on this topic I would greatly appreciate it :) 

Have a nice day. 

Your Windows 10 key won't work for Windows 7 unless it was originally a Windows 7 key that you used for Windows 10.

It works the other way: Windows 7 keys can be used for both Windows 7 and 10. But, it doesn't work in reverse with an original Windows 10 key.

You can buy a Windows 7 key for cheap through eBay, reddit, Craigslist, and other places.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

8 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Thank you mate. I really didn't know how this stuff works lol.

I actually have Windows 8.1 key that I've used to upgrade to 10.
I have some old Win 7 key from my old laptops. I don't know if they will work. I've seen somewhere that Windows activation won't accept key that came with laptops/PCs and only supports official OEM keys. I will try and I will see.

Thanks once again :) 

IMO the best option is to buy second, small SSD and internal 2.5 disk hotplug case (like this one or even this one). I have three SSD works that way - I replace them if I want to use win7 for some reason (I still have some old settings and few programs that I don't move so far and other stuff in registry that I need to move to win10 for some of my plugins works) or win10. Or third for win10 configured different, without personal data, just with few programs and use it as multimedia server ssd (when I'm outside my flat and want to have access to my computer; in worst scenario, if someone broke to my place, he stole only non-important data and have no access to other truecrypted drives). And, what is more important, it's easy and safe to boot from different SSD to made backup copy of Windows (it's better if Windows not running while backup, even if Macrium Reflect allow that).