Gaming when Travelling with Work

theulysses25

Hey

So just recently I've entered a line of work that currently is requiring me to spend extended periods of time in various locations all around the UK (where I'm from).

I typically spend up to 6 months in a particular city away from home during the week in a hotel and travel back home for the weekend.

I'm starting to find I have little time to game over the weekend and my evenings during the week in a hotel are spent with very little to do.

I'd like to be able to find the best way to work whilst I'm away but I already have a work laptop I have to carry when I travel so I'd rather not fork out for an expensive, heavy gaming laptop that I will then have to carry around each week.

I was thinking I could buy a cheapish mini gaming PC that I could then leave in storage each weekend with the hotel.

I would rather keep the price down as I'm also currently midway through rebuilding my main rig at home.

Any thoughts or opinions for what would be the best solution to my problem?

Thanks in advance

hotel internet is not great for gaming so I wouldn't go overboard unless you had grand ambitions of stand alone single player.  Then I say lan rig and use the hotel television

You could play lightweight games on a Gaming tablet like hearthstone, papers please & half life 1. 

Edit:

ipads aren’t a bad idea either. They have the mini one that’s about 300 USD. They have some pretty cool games on them.