PC restart mystery

Go to solution Solved by Maximusfoximus,
1 minute ago, Adithyadusty47 said:

Thanks what is process of elimination? The PC restarts more often when i put the ram in slot one but the same also happens when i put it in second one but less often

I would put the memory in the slots recommended by your motherboard to rule out any error. It is likelier its the Mobo that's the issue as constant power shorts can blow circuits easily, and it your reboots may be a result of a blown or faulty circuit caused by your faulty PSU that may have shorted it. If you are to replace something I would start with the motherboard as the Ram is less likely to cause system error out of nowhere. Ram sticks are usually good or bad and do not normally change unless they are shorted. 

I have posted this thread weeks back my pc restarts randomly without BSOD.i changed the PSU which was also faulty with new one but the weird problem is the restarts persists.

error.PNG

error1.jpg

error2.jpg

error3.jpg

error4.jpg

error5.jpg

It is possible the constant unexpected shutdowns from your faulty hardware caused windows to become corrupted. A clean install should fix the problem if its only the PSU that was the problem.

5 minutes ago, Maximusfoximus said:

It is possible the constant unexpected shutdowns from your faulty hardware caused windows to become corrupted. A clean install should fix the problem if its only the PSU that was the problem.

i already did a fresh instal of windows but still exist.I can find whether its the problem of ram or mobo..

i already did a fresh instal of windows but still exist.I can find whether its the problem of ram or mobo..

You can easily see if its the ram by doing a stress test using Memtest86. If you get no errors than it is not the ram, if you do, you found your culprit. 

Tester: https://memtest86.com 

2 minutes ago, Maximusfoximus said:

You can easily see if its the ram by doing a stress test using Memtest86. If you get no errors than it is not the ram, if you do, you found your culprit. 

Tester: https://memtest86.com 

thanks but what if the slots are the culprit i need a new mobo right? plus i tried with windows mem diagonise and it returned no errors

thanks but what if the slots are the culprit i need a new mobo right? plus i tried with windows mem diagonise and it returned no errors

Memtest is better because it functions outside of normal windows so if there is some kind of software issue you should be able to isolate whether or not its the hardware. Ram slots on a motherboard rarely malfunction, and if they did it would not reboot your system it would just not let it power on. If it is your motherboard then you'll know by process of elimination. You should also see if your storage drive is a problem. 

1 minute ago, Maximusfoximus said:

Memtest is better because it functions outside of normal windows so if there is some kind of software issue you should be able to isolate whether or not its the hardware. Ram slots on a motherboard rarely malfunction, and if they did it would not reboot your system it would just not let it power on. If it is your motherboard then you'll know by process of elimination. You should also see if your storage drive is a problem. 

Thanks what is process of elimination? The PC restarts more often when i put the ram in slot one but the same also happens when i put it in second one but less often

I would put the memory in the slots recommended by your motherboard to rule out any error. It is likelier its the Mobo that's the issue as constant power shorts can blow circuits easily, and it your reboots may be a result of a blown or faulty circuit caused by your faulty PSU that may have shorted it. If you are to replace something I would start with the motherboard as the Ram is less likely to cause system error out of nowhere. Ram sticks are usually good or bad and do not normally change unless they are shorted. 

2 minutes ago, Maximusfoximus said:

how to check storage drive?

how to check storage drive?

Normally I check it by using a drive lying around and seeing if the problem occurs on the second drive. If you do not have one though, there are likely utilities online to help. For example, if you have a Samsung drive you can use the magician software to check for errors. 

On 7/1/2018 at 1:07 PM, Maximusfoximus said:

The mobo was the issue.Just bought a gigabyte mobo and now its running fine.Any suggestion to make it last longer?

35 minutes ago, Adithyadusty47 said:

The mobo was the issue.Just bought a gigabyte mobo and now its running fine.Any suggestion to make it last longer?

The best way to get longevity out of your Mobo is to never apply to much pressure to it when moving it or installing new things inside of it, always make sure that you do not work on a carpet when touching it, and to make sure it touches no metal beyond the standoffs in your case. Basically just do that and make sure you have a high-quality power supply and your board should last for years.