Steam reviews, what gives?

So anyone else notice this? It seems a lot of people have their comments disabled on their reviews, and not just the trolling/negative reviews. Also the glowing reviews. I'm wondering if Steam disabled them by default and the only ones active are the people that set it to enabled.

This is very annoying to be honest, because sometimes you can comment to correct their grievance with the game. Like having issues with a certain aspect you can easily solve (mouse input delay, etc). Nor is it to guage how popular that opinion is because:
A. steam got rid of the thumbs down
B. steam now apparently disabled comments by default.

So when someone blasts a game, there is no way to guage how legitimate this grievance is. Am I the only one who's annoyed by this ever-increasing hugbox Steam is becoming with concerns to it's reviews?
I feel like if you put a review out there, someone should be able to comment on it. 

EDIT: I guess I should have googled, it's disabled by default. smh... why.

8 minutes ago, Majestic said:

So anyone else notice this? It seems a lot of people have their comments disabled on their reviews, and not just the trolling/negative reviews. Also the glowing reviews. I'm wondering if Steam disabled them by default and the only ones active are the people that set it to enabled.

This is very annoying to be honest, because sometimes you can comment to correct their grievance with the game. Like having issues with a certain aspect you can easily solve (mouse input delay, etc). Nor is it to guage how popular that opinion is because:

So when someone blasts a game, there is no way to guage how legitimate this grievance is. Am I the only one who's annoyed by this ever-increasing hugbox Steam is becoming with concerns to it's reviews?
I feel like if you put a review out there, someone should be able to comment on it. 

Gotta do their best to keep their Steam Trading Card gig/shitty devs going as smoothly as possibly.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Because of fake review bots?

People commenting negatively on positive reviews of shitty games.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

People commenting negatively on positive reviews of shitty games.

So the fact you can't gauge a review how popular that opinion is...is the intention. Nice.

If it’s a tick box, I’d always disable it but I don’t write reviews. If I do, I don’t want a thousand notifications.

Bad enough I have Facebook where it tells me “do you know this person with 0 mutual friends?” 3 times a day. 

13 hours ago, Majestic said:

In the end reviews are subjective to the user providing them.  You may not gauge their grievance as significant, but it caused them to dislike the game.  For example: Some people hate grinding levels in a game other people look for games specifically for that.  In the end the best way for you to address what you see as an illegitimate grievance is probably to just leave your own review, showing your opinion of the game.