Fan Help

Hiro Hamada

Well I just bought NZXT Phantom 530M with TX750M and Seagate Baraccuda 1 TB HDD and I've been excited. I am still waiting for the rest of the components. The one thing I can't make out is the fan relay in the back of the case that came with it. My motherboard on the way is MSI Z370A PRO. Where should I connect/how to connect the fan pins on the motherboard? Where do the fan relay source point go? I'm very confused. Need help in detail please (it would be helpful with some pics/videos)

20180628_193950.jpg

20180628_180939.jpg

1 minute ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Are you talking about the fan hub at the back?

Yes ofcourse....where should I connect it in the motherboard?

images.jpeg

https___asset.msi.com_global_picture_image_feature_mb_Z370_Z370APro_z370-a-pro-tuning-1920.png

So the max power pulled from that hub is 30 Watts if all slots are plugged in, you want to use the PUMP_FAN1, or CPU_FAN1 so you don't fry the headers.

The included fan hub connects to your psu for power and is controlled with a 3 speed switch at the top of the case near the front. It doesn't report rpm.

The fans should be plugged into the hub from the factory but you can do that is they aren't. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The included fan hub connects to your psu for power and is controlled with a 3 speed switch at the top of the case near the front. It doesn't report rpm.

The fans should be plugged into the hub from the factory but you can do that is they aren't. 

Well thanks. So if I connect all the fans to the hub will SMART Fan control feature work? I mean I want all my fans to be automatically controlled...so which should be plugged where?

8 minutes ago, Hiro Hamada said:

Well thanks. So if I connect all the fans to the hub will SMART Fan control feature work? I mean I want all my fans to be automatically controlled...so which should be plugged where?

Like WoodenMarker said, the hub isn't controllable through the motherboard headers, the only way you can control them is if you plugged all the fans to the motherboard headers. The hub only uses the 3 fan speed on top of the case to control the speed.

5 minutes ago, Hiro Hamada said:

Nope, that fan hub connects to manual fan speed control on case.

If you want fans to be controlled by motherboard you have to connect them to motherboard.

Your motherboard has one CPU can header and four system fan headers so you can connect pretty good number of fans directly to it.

26 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Like WoodenMarker said, the hub isn't controllable through the motherboard headers, the only way you can control them is if you plugged all the fans to the motherboard headers. The hub only uses the 3 fan speed on top of the case to control the speed.

Whats the difference between a pump fan and a system fan?

25 minutes ago, EsaT said:

Nope, that fan hub connects to manual fan speed control on case.

If you want fans to be controlled by motherboard you have to connect them to motherboard.

Your motherboard has one CPU can header and four system fan headers so you can connect pretty good number of fans directly to it.

4 minutes ago, Hiro Hamada said:

nvm, what I said I misread that. The system fans is for the case fans, the pump fan is for aio pump and custom cooling loop pump. The system fan supply lesser voltages than the PUMP_FAN1, and PUMP_FAN1 has PWM control.

Edited by Rainbow Dash

Pump_fan header is also controlled by PWM signal at default like CPU_fan header.

That can be changed in BIOS. (page 34 in manual)

It might be also rated for higher current than other headers, because high end pumps can draw 20+ watts of power.

But manual says nothing such, so best to assume it's capable to 1A current at max.

Essentially that motherboard can run six fans directly.

And with most reasonable speed fans drawing something like ~0,2A at max connecting two or even three fans to same header with splitter is possible.

How much current fan draws should be in that sticker on its motor.