Motherboard running VERY HIGH temp

Anyone know whats going on here? would appreciate some help if this is a common issue, thanks!

Idle temp, no overclocking.

what.JPG.142bcfb96e096d561d20001744ed4ce6.JPG

Looks like a faulty sensor. If possible, return it or try other programs. If your motherboard is that hot, it would've melted by now.

hi.

45 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

check with anouther program, probably an error

40 minutes ago, AskTJ said:

Looks like a faulty sensor. If possible, return it or try other programs. If your motherboard is that hot, it would've melted by now.

Same with different software

Capture.JPG.cb6ee0b8c6e7cd26d9031b0f997078aa.JPG

38 minutes ago, Pangea2017 said:

115 °C at the VRM can happen. I haave a AM3 mobo where they later removed high tdp cpus from the supported list. Thx asrock. 

@op get a thermometer and messure the VRM and coils. If they are to hot use a fan at the front or back of the mobo for cooling. Replacing the cooler would also work.

Dont have a thermometer atm, I touched the head sink areas on the motherboard, it was warm not hot enough to burn my hand (that may have sounded very dumb I apologize).

12 minutes ago, kgozi said:

Dont have a thermometer atm, I touched the head sink areas on the motherboard, it was warm not hot enough to burn my hand (that may have sounded very dumb I apologize).

then its a bad or disconnected sensors. also the sensor results didn't change much so its probably just a disconnected sensors pin.

1 hour ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

then its a bad or disconnected sensors. also the sensor results didn't change much so its probably just a disconnected sensors pin.

Didnt know there were sensor pins, ill look into that thanks.

1 minute ago, kgozi said:

Didnt know there were sensor pins, ill look into that thanks.

no pins that you can use, but the chip on the board that reads temps normally has support for something like 6 sensors. There often not all used, and just show a bogus result if nothing is connected.

14 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

no pins that you can use, but the chip on the board that reads temps normally has support for something like 6 sensors. There often not all used, and just show a bogus result if nothing is connected.

Interesting, so what steps can i take to actually fix this? 

2 minutes ago, kgozi said:

Interesting, so what steps can i take to actually fix this? 

there is no problem, nothing that you need to do. don't worry about it.

Looks like a borked sensor.Had that same issue on an old h81m -a asus board. The motherboard would have already switched off if it was that hot.

it could be the internal Mosfet temp and there is 150C the upper limit and also the ASUS WS X299 Sage has a temp sensor that shows allways a similar temp. (Also the ASUS X99-E WS/USB3.1)

but if nothing happens then you shouldn't worry. It looks more likely like an ASUS Bug because in the Aaus suite is the high temp sensor not shown.

Update, in the bios it says 17c consistantly, only after I launch windows and use a 3rd party application to check temps it says 115-117.

I guess thats good news!