Playstation4 Pro noise with HDR game

barongalf

Hello,

My PS4 Pro make so much noise with recent game playing in HDR. Game like God of war and Horizons (mainly in the map menu). Some people on internet said it's a Delta vs Nidec fan problem or event bad thermal paste problem. My Xbox One X barrely make any noise while my ps4 pro is super noisy (around 54 DB at time). Anyone ever had those broblem and found a fix for it ? Could replacing thermal paste with liquid metal fix it ?

Thanks

14 minutes ago, barongalf said:

Hello,

My PS4 Pro make so much noise with recent game playing in HDR. Game like God of war and Horizons (mainly in the map menu). Some people on internet said it's a Delta vs Nidec fan problem or event bad thermal paste problem. My Xbox One X barrely make any noise while my ps4 pro is super noisy (around 54 DB at time). Anyone ever had those broblem and found a fix for it ? Could replacing thermal paste with liquid metal fix it ?

Thanks

Was the noise there when you bought it new? How old is it?

Yes it was there, but HDR is pretty new as I get a new TV recently. I have it day 1.

CUH-7016B or 7116B on the Back?
Sounds more like the older 7016B.

IF you don't care much about the Warranty you could remove the top cover. That makes the PS4 PRO 1/5th the noise and not that loud.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"