Best budget 1080p 144 hz Gsync monitor?

I recently just purchased a 1080 and it is arriving on Tuesday. I want to try to get a Gsync 144 hz monitor but I don't want to destroy my wallet. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

A good one is the asus vg248qe but it’s not g-sync it’s 1080p 144hz, they have a 24 inch version or a 27 inch version

D349170A-D17A-4CC9-909E-68C3AF28B8F5.jpeg

Edited by BluishGoblin1

Budget + G-Sync & 144hz don't really go together lol.

Cheapest 144hz monitor I could find is probably Acer Predator XB241H FHD 144Hz, about 480aud.. though not really 'cheap' you might be able to pick up one 2nd hand for cheaper?

i7-4770k @4.2GHz w/1.24v, Noctua NH-U14S, Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87, 32GB DDR3 1600MHz w/1.56v, NVLink RTX2080Ti FE , RAID0 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, RAID1 Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, Corsair RM850 PSU, Fractal Define R4

3x ASUS ROG PG279Q 144hz @7680x1440, Razer DeathAdder RGB Chroma, SteelSeries Apex M800 KB
Xeon E5-1650 v4 3.6GHz, Noctua U12DX i4, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC Registered, Supermicro X10-SRi-F, IBM M1015 xF IT Mode, 12x WD Red Pro 8TB, 2x Samsung 960 Pro M.2 512GB, Corsair RM850 PSU, Corsair 900D, 4x Noctua NF-F12 PWM, 11x Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000, 1x NF-A14 PWM

2 minutes ago, sh4z said:

Budget G-Sync and 144hz don't really go together lol.

Cheapest 144hz monitor is probably Acer Predator XB241H FHD 144Hz, about 480aud

Agreed g-sync monitors are usually pretty expensive

To take advantage of the higher refresh rate offered on the monitor, you would also need to consider which GPU + CPU combo is best for the select games you play. Which CPU model do you have and which games would you be playing if you got the 1080?

37 minutes ago, sh4z said:

Budget + G-Sync & 144hz don't really go together lol.

Cheapest 144hz monitor I could find is probably Acer Predator XB241H FHD 144Hz, about 480aud.. though not really 'cheap' you might be able to pick up one 2nd hand for cheaper?

My budget is really a budget. Sorry to not clarify, It is anything less than $400.

15 minutes ago, MRZL1 said:

To take advantage of the higher refresh rate offered on the monitor, you would also need to consider which GPU + CPU combo is best for the select games you play. Which CPU model do you have and which games would you be playing if you got the 1080?

I bought the 1080 already and my cpu is a ryzen 1600 @3.9 ghz. I would be playing all types of games. from ark to rocket league, etc.

37 minutes ago, BluishGoblin1 said:

Agreed g-sync monitors are usually pretty expensive

Yea I know that, sorry again for not clarifying, the budget is $400 and lower. 

20 minutes ago, Masr said:

I bought the 1080 already and my cpu is a ryzen 1600 @3.9 ghz. I would be playing all types of games. from ark to rocket league, etc.

G-Sync and 144hz in Full HD (to keep cost down) is rather limited. Have you looked at the ASUS PG248Q?

It will surpass your budget, but not by much. G-Sync ultimately comes with a price and as the saying goes, you gotta pay to play.

If you want to step it up to 2K resolution, you're easily looking at $600+

If you're on the fence about it, I would consider the PG248Q.

You already got the 1080 and that will easily handle almost every game maxed out in FHD at up to the overclockable refresh rate that the display supports which is 180hz let alone 144hz. You might even find some instances where the CPU might be holding you back if you're pushing for that magical 180hz on some titles.

Do let us know if you decide to venture down this path!

3 hours ago, MRZL1 said:

G-Sync and 144hz in Full HD (to keep cost down) is rather limited. Have you looked at the ASUS PG248Q?

It will surpass your budget, but not by much. G-Sync ultimately comes with a price and as the saying goes, you gotta pay to play.

You already got the 1080 and that will easily handle almost every game maxed out in FHD at up to the overclockable refresh rate that the display supports which is 180hz let alone 144hz. You might even find some instances where the CPU might be holding you back if you're pushing for that magical 180hz on some titles.

I appreciate the well thought out paragraph. I will look into the monitor and I will gladly know if I need help. The cpu will probably hold me back but not by much. I'm going to get Ryzen 2 when it comes out in 2019, can't wait. Thanks again.

3 hours ago, MRZL1 said:

Another question, How is this monitor Acer Predator XB241H 

8 hours ago, Masr said:

Another question, How is this monitor Acer Predator XB241H 

The direct competitor to the PG248Q.

- Same TN FHD panel type

- Overclockable to 180hz

- GSync ready

TBH you cant go wrong with either and the Acer seems to be more budget friendly than the Asus. It’ll come down to which name tbh. On paper, both products are relatively neck and neck spec wise.

13 hours ago, MRZL1 said:

- Same TN FHD panel type

- Overclockable to 180hz

- GSync ready

TBH you cant go wrong with either and the Acer seems to be more budget friendly than the Asus. It’ll come down to which name tbh. On paper, both products are relatively neck and neck spec wise.

thanks again, will probably get the acer.

On 6/25/2018 at 12:51 PM, MRZL1 said:

- Same TN FHD panel type

- Overclockable to 180hz

- GSync ready

Found another monitor on Micro center for only $400, seems way better since it is 1440p. there is also this one and this one, I'm just not sure which is the best.

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

On 6/25/2018 at 12:39 AM, MRZL1 said:

By 2K I assume you mean 1440p (the two are not interchangeable, don't confuse them). That pricing estimate is wrong, I picked up my Dell S2716DG for $400, and my buddy picked up a Dell S2417DG for $330. Both low latency, high refresh rate 1440p G-Sync monitors (the S2417DG being 165Hz).

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Turned out I got a faulty 1080, Unexpected kernal trap errors every around 12 hours. Returning it and going to micro center and picking up a 1440p monitor and a 1080 ti. Thanks for all the help guys.

8 hours ago, Suika said:

By 2K I assume you mean 1440p (the two are not interchangeable, don't confuse them). That pricing estimate is wrong, I picked up my Dell S2716DG for $400, and my buddy picked up a Dell S2417DG for $330. Both low latency, high refresh rate 1440p G-Sync monitors (the S2417DG being 165Hz).

Yes I meant 1440p. After the reading the following I realized 2K could refer to a wide variety of different types of resolutions:

My estimate though was more closely referring to IPS panels which I did not specify and that’s my bad. Those 1440p Dell TN panels sure do look like a sweet bargain.