My T440p is having some unexpected issues and I'm at a loss to solving them.

So as great value as my thinkpad was, there are a few unforeseen problems that are making it near unusable. I'm not tech illiterate by an means, but I'm at a loss here. Firstly, the touchpad. It's a real piece of shit. I expected it to not be great, but sometimes clicks won't register weather they be had button presses or tapping. The mouse pointer glitches around the screen sometimes, and renders it unusable even with a mouse. I don't believe the hardware is faulty, because sometimes it works perfectly fine. The wifi connection also drops randomly sometimes. But by far the biggest issue is the frequency of blue screens. i can't remember the exact error message, but its ranting something about drivers.  It tends to happen most when I'm trying to use skype. Any ideas? Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Get Booda said:

So as great value as my thinkpad was, there are a few unforeseen problems that are making it near unusable. I'm not tech illiterate by an means, but I'm at a loss here. Firstly, the touchpad. It's a real piece of shit. I expected it to not be great, but sometimes clicks won't register weather they be had button presses or tapping. The mouse pointer glitches around the screen sometimes, and renders it unusable even with a mouse. I don't believe the hardware is faulty, because sometimes it works perfectly fine. The wifi connection also drops randomly sometimes. But by far the biggest issue is the frequency of blue screens. i can't remember the exact error message, but its ranting something about drivers.  It tends to happen most when I'm trying to use skype. Any ideas? Thanks!

As far as the blue screens, after a crash, check your logs then do your research on google to see if there is a way to fix your specific problem. Check the logs by searching logs then view the system logs. Have you tried downloading a tool like driver easy and made sure EVERYTHING is up to date including BIOS and wifi? The trackpad is prolly just a crappy trackpad

We have been talking in another thread but the CPU does seem to matter, I had that same CPU in a Asus and had all the same issues

Just now, Gravit0 said:

We have been talking in another thread but the CPU does seem to matter, I had that same CPU in a Asus and had all the same issues

Hm, that's interesting. Who knows, there were a few drivers that it said were wrong, but they shouldn't matter. I knew the trackpad would be bad but I expected it to function. 

1 minute ago, Get Booda said:

Hm, that's interesting. Who knows, there were a few drivers that it said were wrong, but they shouldn't matter. I knew the trackpad would be bad but I expected it to function. 

Upgrading to windows 10 helped, then actually switching to Arch linux was the only way I could make it run stable for 4-6 months

1 minute ago, Gravit0 said:

Upgrading to windows 10 helped, then actually switching to Arch linux was the only way I could make it run stable for 4-6 months

I have been considering hackentoshing it (pls no ban) but have decided against it for the simple reason that I have a 2015 macbook air like right over there so I don;t need more macos in my life ;p