Limelight (Nvidia GameStream for other Android Devices) updated with Resolution/FPS settings

hamiltus

Just to mention that cgutman has posted version 9 of his Limelight app for streaming PC games via GeForce Experience on GTX 650 and higher cards.

Changes include reduced CPU usage on your mobile device when streaming, but more importantly, he has added Resolution and FPS settings.

So you can now choose between 720p or 1080p (depending on if your device can handle 1080p) and you can choose either 30 FPS or 60 FPS.

Download link and more info on the project in the source link below. I've tried it and it's pretty good, albeit with a few graphical glitchs here and there, on my HTC One with an Xbox 360 Controller attached via USB OTG and a 2.4GHz 802.11n router.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2505510

Apple Pippin 2.0 (Corsair Gaming Hackintosh) :

• Intel Core i5 3570K with CM Hyper 212 Evo Cooler (Push-pull with Corsair AF120 and SP120)
  • 24 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
  • MSI GeForce GTX 670 Power Edition
  • Intel 330 Series 120 GB SSD (Mac OS X)
  • Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB SSD (Windows 7)
  • OWC Mercury Electra 3G 30 GB SSD (Scratch Disk)
  • 1.8 TB of HDD Storage
  • Corsair 600T White case
  • Corsair K60 Keyboard
  • Corsair M65 Mouse
  • Corsair GS800 PSU

Before I bought a shield I tried this, and it was not even close to the same latency. This is the best attempt I have seen so far however. I believe that the only bottleneck in Android devices is their wireless. @LinusTech I know you tried this with your nexus 5, however, try it with your HTC one. I know for a fact that the snapdragon 600 in the One is perfect for this, and I'm willing to bet that the wireless ac will make it close to shield. 

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

I have used this with my LTE S4 and with an ac router and I can definitely say the latency is very low with this combination but I haven't tried shield so no comparison :(

I have used this with my LTE S4 and with an ac router and I can definitely say the latency is very low with this combination but I haven't tried shield so no comparison :(

For shield there is litterally no noticible latency. Can you even notice a difference from your phone's screen compared to your computer's screen

Before I bought a shield I tried this, and it was not even close to the same latency. This is the best attempt I have seen so far however. I believe that the only bottleneck in Android devices is their wireless. @LinusTech I know you tried this with your nexus 5, however, try it with your HTC one. I know for a fact that the snapdragon 600 in the One is perfect for this, and I'm willing to bet that the wireless ac will make it close to shield. 

The Nexus 5 has 802.11ac as well. Chances are the HTC One would perform worse than the Nexus 5 for this though but yeah Linus try it and see if there is a difference.

The Nexus 5 has 802.11ac as well. Chances are the HTC One would perform worse than the Nexus 5 for this though but yeah Linus try it and see if there is a difference.

oh wow. I did not know that. Thought it was only 802.111a/b/g/n

Can you even notice a difference from your phone's screen compared to your computer's screen

The lag I can notice maybe a few frames at most but this is still is development software so I don't expect it to be frame for frame