Press power button -- then NOTHING. help me.

Lukripar

New build for my brother.

Ryzen 5 2600

X470 auros ultra gaming Mobo

Team vulcan 2400 ddr4 (black/grey) 16gb 2x8

Stock cooler

Evga 1060 6gb single fan

240gb Kingston ssd

1tb wd blue hdd

Evga 600BQ semi modular psu

Not my first build. Been building since 2012. I jump tested the psu outside the case and it seems to run just fine. When I plug it into the mobo and flip the I/O switch, the mobo's auros logo led flashes red one time and then nada. Have double and triple checked pin header connections and tried to jump the mobo with a screwdriver but all I have is one with a detachable tip and idk if that works.

Please help me figure this out. It's for my brother's birthday. I'm thinking it's a bad mobo, but if I'm missing something else I'd like to know. 

I tried booting after unplugging the GPU as well to no avail.

Thank you for your responses.

Any metal will let you short the power button pins.

Do you get a POST code, or is it just completely dead and silent?

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Can you take a picture of the system? Try to show all of the connections if possible. 

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Any metal will let you short the power button pins.

Do you get a POST code, or is it just completely dead and silent?

Dead and silent. Which made me think it was PSU, but like I said, I am able to get the PSU fan to spin when jumping it outside the case.

3 minutes ago, Lukripar said:

Dead and silent. Which made me think it was PSU, but like I said, I am able to get the PSU fan to spin when jumping it outside the case.

No fans spin when you power on?

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Here's a picture. The fio connectors are unplugged cuz I was trying to jump.

IMG_20180623_163408.jpg

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

No fans spin when you power on?

Correct. Nothing. That's why I thought it was the PSU case closed. But the paper clip jump has shown me it might be the mobo.

1 minute ago, Lukripar said:

Correct. Nothing. That's why I thought it was the PSU case closed. But the paper clip jump has shown me it might be the mobo.

Try returning your current board and buy a different one to see if that solves the problem.

1 minute ago, Lukripar said:

If it's completely dead with no fans, I'd wager on a dead MB. 

I was checking for a missing CPU power connector with the photo, but everything seems connected fine. 

I'd take everything out of the case, put it together on the motherboard box and try booting. It's possible something is shorting in the case. If it doesn't boot on the box, I'd recommend replacing the board. 

I figure it's the mb. I'm already ordering a replacement from Amazon. 

Warning when ordering bulk components through Amazon: my components arrived in one big box with no padding. They were all just rattling around in the box that was larger than all the components inside so they had room to knock around. I took a picture of the inside of the box once I opened it cuz I had a sick feeling that it was going to cause problems. Amazon is being chill though and the replacement will be here Monday.

Thanks for the help.IMG_20180622_141202.thumb.jpg.acbd4bc1fb7f807dafcb965c98dbd492.jpgIMG_20180622_141159.thumb.jpg.9468026153278db100ead24f34b6daf8.jpg