Bootloop and need to recover

Hey guys, so I have this Galaxy SII GT-i9100, one day my sister was using MTP connection (I'm guessing this means USB debugging was turned off) to transfer a couple thousand pictures from the phone to the laptop, and suddenly, the phone just blacked out. It then restarted automatically. Then onwards, it never went past the Samsung Logo, it keeps repeating the logo animation forever.

Now some info about the phone, I have upgraded the phone from Android 2.3.6 (Gingerbread) to Android 4.1.2(Jellybean, I think that's the exact version, it might be some other variant though, don't exactly remember) using Samsung Kies. Used the upgraded firmware for like 3-4 months. This was the stock ROM provided by Samsung themselves. No roots, nothing fancy.

Now my concern is, I tried using the Recovery mode to clear the cache, didn't work, tried to use ADB when in Recovery mode to access the internal storage, but I can't do so for some reason. I just need to get the contacts off the system storage and the pictures off the internal storage. How can I do this without flashing/factory resetting the phone.

The only error message I've seen is that in the recovery mode, saying that there is no space in the system memory to write log files, I can quote the exact error later in the day, but I guess this is what it means.

After the data recovery I'm down to rooting this for further inspection, but I want the data off for now, please help me guys.

4 hours ago, huilun02 said:

You sure she was transferring stuff off the phone and not the other way round? Turn phone off and sit to cool completely before attempting to boot to Android.

Yeah she was transferring off the phone.

I just found out that you can just copy ROMs on SD cards formatted to EXT2/3/4 and then boot from that in a phone, I'm gonna gave that a try to just get my files off the device and try to free up some space by deleting app data from the internal storage incase it's still accessible.

@huilun02

Can you hit me up with any links if you can find any regarding the SD card boot method, I'm looking for them too, just to speed things up a bit.

Just now, huilun02 said:

https://www.xda-developers.com/rom-external-sd-card-guide/

Led me to;

https://forum.xda-developers.com/transformer-tf701/help/dead-mmc-ideas-t2830332/page2

I never tried booting off an sdcard before. Don't know how to properly format the card. The files required will probably be different from what lexelby described.

I also found the same post, have you ever tried using those x86 versions of android? Do you think they'll work on a phone? I have 5.1, 6.0 and 7.1 .img files of those OSs.