New build will not POST

Docov

So I have finally given up troubleshooting and hopefully you guys can share your knowledge with me. Heres the part list:
CPU: Intel i5 7500
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8gb DDR4 @ 2400
Mobo: ASUS B360M-A
GPU: Nvidia 1050ti
PSU: Evga 600B bronze rated
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo m.2

So we started the day by putting everything, with the exception of the SSD, on the Mobo and used the case power button to turn it on, except it only spun the fans for a brief second and turned off. So after some quick troubleshooting, I had thought the PSU was dead because the Mobo LED was not turning on when we flipped the PSU switch. So we returned the PSU, which was a Corsair cx650m, for an EVGA 600B. This time we took the Mobo out of the case and set it on the mobo box to breadboard it. We hooked up the PSU to the board, used a staple to short the power button pins, and same thing happened. LED was still not on and the fans spun for a split second then lost power. I swapped RAM slots and tried a known good stick of RAM. Still nothing. So I determined the Mobo was bad. So I swapped out the Gigabyte H370m d3h for the current ASUS one. Reconnected everything, and still the same thing. We then tried starting it after disconnecting the CPU power cable, in which it stayed powered on, but no video. So after that, we determined that the CPU was bad then. Returned it, got the same model again. Plugged everything back in and same result. I really don't understand how we replaced all parts needed to POST, and it still will not POST. I did buy a speaker for it and have heard no beeps the entire time. Even used an old PCI POST card that I had. Pls send help.

12 minutes ago, Docov said:

So I have finally given up troubleshooting and hopefully you guys can share your knowledge with me. Heres the part list:
CPU: Intel i5 7500
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8gb DDR4 @ 2400
Mobo: ASUS B360M-A
GPU: Nvidia 1050ti
PSU: Evga 600B bronze rated
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo m.2

So we started the day by putting everything, with the exception of the SSD, on the Mobo and used the case power button to turn it on, except it only spun the fans for a brief second and turned off. So after some quick troubleshooting, I had thought the PSU was dead because the Mobo LED was not turning on when we flipped the PSU switch. So we returned the PSU, which was a Corsair cx650m, for an EVGA 600B. This time we took the Mobo out of the case and set it on the mobo box to breadboard it. We hooked up the PSU to the board, used a staple to short the power button pins, and same thing happened. LED was still not on and the fans spun for a split second then lost power. I swapped RAM slots and tried a known good stick of RAM. Still nothing. So I determined the Mobo was bad. So I swapped out the Gigabyte H370m d3h for the current ASUS one. Reconnected everything, and still the same thing. We then tried starting it after disconnecting the CPU power cable, in which it stayed powered on, but no video. So after that, we determined that the CPU was bad then. Returned it, got the same model again. Plugged everything back in and same result. I really don't understand how we replaced all parts needed to POST, and it still will not POST. I did buy a speaker for it and have heard no beeps the entire time. Even used an old PCI POST card that I had. Pls send help.

have you tried shorting the motherboard's pins to turn it on instead of using the power button cause that's all I can think of

Sounds very odd, if you haven't tried running with only the bare minimum try that next.

CPU, Motherboard, a single stick of RAM. Connect your display to the motherboard, and connect your KB/M (you can even see if it posts without the KB/M if it persists).
No GPU, Drives, or other devices. Just the bare minimum, if it works keep adding parts until it breaks and you should be able to pin point the issue.

Only other thing I could think of is make sure you're using the EPS cable for the CPU power on the motherboard and not PCI-e it can be mixed up due to their similar appearance.
If you have a UPS system try running your system off that, or on a different outlet to make sure it's not related to that.

If none of this works, I am at a loss as to what to suggest next.

- Personal Rig -

AMD 7950X3D / 64GB G.SKILL DDR5-6000 EXPO / ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC
ASUS ProArt X670E / Noctua NH-D15 Corsair 4000D Airflow / Corsair RM1000x / 4 x 2TB Crucial P5 Plus

- 🪦 HW Graveyard 🪦-

MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018
Seasonic Platinum 1000W 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018

PNY GTX 470 1280MB 🪦🫡 June 2010 - August 2017

Intel Q9550 / Q9450 Systems 🪦🫡 Q1-2008 - Q3-2016
- Desktop Audio Equipment -
ADAM Audio F7's | Topping D30 Pro | Topping A30 Pro | HD598 & HD6XX w/ Sheepskin Pads

58 minutes ago, Oryzaki said:

have you tried shorting the motherboard's pins to turn it on instead of using the power button cause that's all I can think of

Yep I have.

42 minutes ago, KnightSirius said:

Sounds very odd, if you haven't tried running with only the bare minimum try that next.

CPU, Motherboard, a single stick of RAM. Connect your display to the motherboard, and connect your KB/M (you can even see if it posts without the KB/M if it persists).
No GPU, Drives, or other devices. Just the bare minimum, if it works keep adding parts until it breaks and you should be able to pin point the issue.

Only other thing I could think of is make sure you're using the EPS cable for the CPU power on the motherboard and not PCI-e it can be mixed up due to their similar appearance.
If you have a UPS system try running your system off that, or on a different outlet to make sure it's not related to that.

I'm using the power cable labeled "CPU", the only other 4+4 is the PCI-e. I've tried a different power outlet. I could try my UPS.

58 minutes ago, KnightSirius said:

Plugged into UPS, same result. Went down to one stick of RAM, same result. Just noticed sometimes it will spin the fans for a split second, then 5 seconds later, spin them again. But still no POST or beeps.