Best Value for Money

Canoas

Being the technicality Nazi that I am, you already have an amp.

Technically I have a shit ton of amps, not just one. I should actually have 4 power amps somewhere in my drawers with different output stages from an old project, though they're terrible and pretty much unusable.

I do use the volume slider. As I said, both the headset potenciometer and flash player in windows volume are maxed and I just adjust the youtube colume slider. Flash games, which are played through the same plugin, are incredibly loud and force me to lower the volume to about 10%, as do normal games. Music and movies are also pretty low, with the player at 50% being the goldilock zone for loudness. However, if I check the volume control when playing music/watching youtube videos the small green bar indicating loudness is at 10-20%, so the sound should be able to go much much higher.

Is there a default mixer or something that allows me to boost the sound with software?

Technically I have a shit ton of amps, not just one. I should actually have 4 power amps somewhere in my drawers with different output stages from an old project, though they're terrible and pretty much unusable.

I do use the volume slider. As I said, both the headset potenciometer and flash player in windows volume are maxed and I just adjust the youtube colume slider. Flash games, which are played through the same plugin, are incredibly loud and force me to lower the volume to about 10%, as do normal games. Music and movies are also pretty low, with the player at 50% being the goldilock zone for loudness. However, if I check the volume control when playing music/watching youtube videos the small green bar indicating loudness is at 10-20%, so the sound should be able to go much much higher.

Is there a default mixer or something that allows me to boost the sound with software?

See if your device is set up properly, with all the drivers and such installed and working. 

If not, there may or may not be something wrong with your onboard.

Went I meant you have an amp, there is one built into your motherboard.

See if your device is set up properly, with all the drivers and such installed and working. 

If not, there may or may not be something wrong with your onboard.

Went I meant you have an amp, there is one built into your motherboard.

I know, and I meant I don't need another amp. I just did what you did.

I think I have all the drivers, but I'll double check tomorrow. I don't think it's the onboard, if it was the onboard then everything would be low instead of just music, movies and youtube. It's probably just the inherent lack of loudness of those mediums. Try opening a flash game, is it as loud as your youtube clips or much louder?

I know, and I meant I don't need another amp. I just did what you did.

I think I have all the drivers, but I'll double check tomorrow. I don't think it's the onboard, if it was the onboard then everything would be low instead of just music, movies and youtube. It's probably just the inherent lack of loudness of those mediums. Try opening a flash game, is it as loud as your youtube clips or much louder?

Lets take, Snake, for example. Its louder then a given Youtube video, but I have an external amp, so I guess I never notice because I automatically turn the volume down there.