Help with CPU

hello (total noob at building and at windows never used it before) i just built my new computer this  and for some reason no programs can tell my cpu temp... i have core temp up but it just says 0 and i can't get real temp open because it downloads to a zip file and i can't open it as a program then when i entered bios my cpu reached the temp of 60c and btw i'm using the stock cpu cooler right now because i had no thermal paste for the cooler master and i'm scared that my cpu has the same temp when i'm in windows just doing stuff because i can't check it... but today i will be switching to the Cooler master one.

download winrar or 7zip to open real temp

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

Your CM Hyper 212 Evo should have thermal paste included. Just make sure you use rubbing alcohol to remove the existing thermal paste before applying Coolermaster's thermal paste. HWMonitor is a good choice in monitoring multiple components.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

BIOS is inaccurate with temps but 60C for stock is OK and won't be problem in windows. For Coretemp problem you could try to reinstall it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Go with HWmonitor instead  ;)

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5