Rode Nt1a and Yamha mg10xu

StrixxTV

I saw a youtube video over this mixer so I bought it and the rode nt1a, I just dont know all of the settings and I need help. When I play back my audio it is really quiet, if anyone can help me find the perfect settings please let me know. Here are my settings right now.

20180617_212250.jpg

Just as a general recommendation,especially when you buy audio gear,always read the manuals. 

What do you have plugged into the line?

My life

Is it me, or is your level (the bottom knob) on line 1 set to zero :)

Also, why is balance on line 1 not centered and compressor at max? 

Edit: Now that I re-read the post, is the mic too quiet or your playback audio too quiet?

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

3 hours ago, AAJoe said:

Is it me, or is your level (the bottom knob) on line 1 set to zero :)

Also, why is balance on line 1 not centered and compressor at max? 

Edit: Now that I re-read the post, is the mic too quiet or your playback audio too quiet?

It was in the pucture sorry, I noramlly have it about 1 o'clock but it is still quiet

I just bought the Yamaha MG10XU and whenever I play with someone they can hear themselves, or if I am recording on audacity it records my computer sounds too on the same track instead of just my mic. Please help thank you. There is a my setup.

20180617_212250.jpg

19 hours ago, StrixxTV said:

I saw a youtube video over this mixer so I bought it and the rode nt1a, I just dont know all of the settings and I need help. When I play back my audio it is really quiet, if anyone can help me find the perfect settings please let me know. Here are my settings right now.

20180617_212250.jpg

Turn the compressor off on the mic. Turn the effect send off if your not going to turn it on.

Also whats the point of bosting low frequencies on a paramic if you going to have a high pass filter.

regarding they can hear themselves my recommendation is sell the desk it will never do what you want it to do.

Actaully just sell the desk you have no idea what your doing. Buy a interface be more suited to what you want to do and a lot easier to use.

22 hours ago, StrixxTV said:

20180617_212250.jpg

First, just check to make sure your pad switch isn't engaged, it'll take 20dB off the signal.

Next, turn your comp back pretty much all the way. Some of these cheaper boards will automatically gain the signal up after compression, but still you're as well have that off for now. 

I'd say keep the 3 EQ channels pretty much flat, if you're recording into some software, you'd be able to do all that after very easily.

Turn the FX send down completely.

Now look at the gain knob at the top. Turn it up while speaking into the mic or making the sound you wish to record. Watch the 'peak' light at the bottom. Turn it up until it blinks a small bit, then back it off a bit from there for headroom.

Turn up your level 1 down the bottom.

I see phantom power is on, that's good.

Turn the FX down on the bottom right. 

Now turn up on the 'level stereo' and watch the levels in your software. At this point you should be pretty much set on the desk. If you're still not getting enough at this point, you need more amplification, the pre amp in the desk won't cut it. 

Also, try a different channel, could be as simple as a problem on Ch 1.

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

• 1 year later...

I know this is a little old and you may have figured it out by now, but everything is going out to the main mix (stereo out). That's why others hear your game sounds. You'd want to run only your mic channel to the fx send. Turn the fx knob to < (unity) and run a cable from the fx send to the blue line in on your pc, then use that as your default device for chat. Anything with the fx knob above 0 is sent to that.