Do I need more fans?

Joshcanread
Go to solution Solved by Sam3000,

I would definitely recommend more as you would usually want at least the same number of intake fans as outtake fans, but you can use software to monitor whether high temps are slowing you down:

AIDA64 Extreme's stress test will show you when your CPU throttles (even when not running the stress test, so you can just use it to monitor on a hot day)

MSI Afterburner can show you when your GPU clock speed slows down (i.e. throttling occurs) so you can keep track of that too (you don't need an MSI card either)

Fans are fairly cheap as PC components go though, so it might be less hassle to grab a few and not have to worry.

I live in Australia where atm its winter and cold, i built my computer in april when it wasnt to hot. I think i need more fans for when its 40 degrees and I dont have air con. I only have one case fan and the ryzen spire cooler.

r5 1500x

gtx 1050

case: Masterbox lite 3.1 TG

welp, only one way to find out really. wait untill summer and see what temperatures you're getting.

there's really no way to say for sure you need more fans right now.

I would definitely recommend more as you would usually want at least the same number of intake fans as outtake fans, but you can use software to monitor whether high temps are slowing you down:

AIDA64 Extreme's stress test will show you when your CPU throttles (even when not running the stress test, so you can just use it to monitor on a hot day)

MSI Afterburner can show you when your GPU clock speed slows down (i.e. throttling occurs) so you can keep track of that too (you don't need an MSI card either)

Fans are fairly cheap as PC components go though, so it might be less hassle to grab a few and not have to worry.

I'd recommend a different case tbh, I know that the MasterBox 3.1 is pretty and cheap but it has almost no air flow and can throttle higher end systems even when you have a bunch of fans/watercolling. I do recommend throwing in as much fans as you can if you do decide to stick with it tho.

Laptop - Omen 15

i5-7300HQ, GTX 1060 maxQ 6gb, 120hz Panel, 16GB DDR4 Ram @2400hz

Blue Box
i5 - 3350p, R9 Nano Fury 4GB HBM, 8gb DDR3 Ram @1600hz

More case fans will surely help, but hot room temp will mean hot temps inside the case. There's no way around that. Best thing you can do is have constant and good airflow over all components. The 2 in, 1 out is good basic airflow config, but you can do with 1 in, 1 out too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv