Advice needed.

Hi friends.

My GTX580 died yesterday. I've been saving up for quite a while (I have €300 as of now) and I need a new GPU because I don't have an iGpu (R5 1600). My problem now is that I could buy a new 1060 6GB or used 1070 for about €300 but that means I'll have no money left over, another big concern for me is that the pascal line has already been out for over 2 years now so I don't know if it would be a good idea to buy in now. Another option is to buy something like a new 1050ti or used 970/290/280X. The last option is to buy something very cheap for under €50 and wait for the new series of GPUs; the problem being that I don't know how long I'll have to wait for that new series. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I'd say get the 1070  :) it should stand up to the test of time pretty well :)

Why Is it windows 10 not 9?

because 7 ate 9 
(say it)

1070 all the way. The 1060 is a great card, but if you can find a used 1070 at that price, hell yeah. 1050ti's aren't the best for gaming and are often beaten by the 1060 3GB.

hi.

just don't get a 1070 that has been used for mining, other than that get a 1070

but if you want to have few bucks left for a good graphics card well i found this https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/PWs8TW/sapphire-radeon-rx-580-4gb-pulse-video-card-11265-09

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

2 hours ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

just don't get a 1070 that has been used for mining, other than that get a 1070

but if you want to have few bucks left for a good graphics card well i found this https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/PWs8TW/sapphire-radeon-rx-580-4gb-pulse-video-card-11265-09

Thanks for the advice, but why should I avoid 1070s that were used for mining? 

1 minute ago, Yasin40 said:

Thanks for the advice, but why should I avoid 1070s that were used for mining? 

it has been used intensively, mining causes the graphics card to work harder than if they are forced to run games while using them as CUDA acceleration

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol